Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have been viewing these threads for ages and only just recently signed on. I thought I would take this opportunity to thank you all for making this the most informative Foz thread on the web, and in turn a blessing for people like me looking at DIY mods, etc.

We (the family) parted with our 2004 Foz to bought a 2009 XT P Foz. The DIY bluetooth MIC thread has been a wealth of info, although I am still not brave apart to tear away at the dash.

Cheers from Melbourne...

Rob.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,759 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Glad you decided to join the group! From the picture on your avatar, you have nice looking Forester! :cool:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,824 Posts
Welcome, glad you like us
Rob you should have a look around locally for some trim removal tools. That will give you some confidence and the right stuff to tackle getting into the dash. The tools are usually made of plastic and can get into places regular tools cannot to unclip-clips and the like. Here they run about 20$-30$ and the cheap ones work as well as the more expensive.

Don't forget to post in the Australian section, you might find someone locally to you that's either done it before or is willing to help. There's some good sites over there and you might want to check out w.w.w.offroadsubarus.com if you want to venture outside of the roads less travelled.

·
Registered
08 MY09Forester Premium
7 Posts
I purchased a Blueant ST3 instead

I purchased a Blueant ST3 instead of going with an incar kit, the technology is changing so fast they are not worth installing anymore.

The Blueant ST3 works well with the iphone and Tom Tom iphone car kit you can also use your Iphone in the Tom Tom carkit as a mobile incar camera when you drive around - it's a lot of fun.

If you really want an incar kit I would ask the Subaru Service guys to do it on the next service, they would only charge a small fee.

Do not pull apart the dash yourself!

Regards

James from Sydney

Hello All,

I have been viewing these threads for ages and only just recently signed on. I thought I would take this opportunity to thank you all for making this the most informative Foz thread on the web, and in turn a blessing for people like me looking at DIY mods, etc.

We (the family) parted with our 2004 Foz to bought a 2009 XT P Foz. The DIY bluetooth MIC thread has been a wealth of info, although I am still not brave apart to tear away at the dash.

Cheers from Melbourne...

Rob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts