Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're thinking about manufacturing a Subtle Solutions version of the ever so popular MoBoost LLWS product.

Would any of you be interested?

I know most of you now have the STI or FSTI Aluminum Lateral Links, but I'm sure a lot of you still have the stock ones as well.

Price is TBD, but I would like to get them around the $125 (shipped) range. Keep in mind this includes "free shipping" , stainless hardware, anodizing (corrosion resistant) black finish, and they are 6061 aluminum, not steel.

Post up if you think you would buy a set.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
180 Posts
I have a set of the originals and they're going to be in the trash soon. I've had more problems with them than I ever did without them

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
The 02-07 Imprezas (non-STi models) use the C shaped endlinks, and the mounting tabs are not prone breaking like the Forester ones.

I've ran moboost ones for over 2 years with zero issues. They are a simple but great design, so something similar would be good in my book.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
180 Posts
What type of problems? Please explain.
I'll try to get pics up soon. They explain it way better than I can type.

And I should correct myself. I believe they are the IXIZ?? model and not the true mo-boost variant. I'll check if the original purchaser remembers.

And your new price point is perfect. If I needed some I'd be pre-ordering right now.

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Post a pic and I can tell you if they are. I'd be interested to know what kind of problems you ran into.
Anodizing means the part is Aluminum. I think both versions (ixiz and moboost) are aluminum. They are both anodized black too.

Let's see those pictures showing the damage/problem areas.

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are thinking about cnc machining a few sets of mo_boost "LLWS" parts up for all you (03-08) Forester owners who are running stock steel lateral links in the rear.

The tab on the stock lateral links is not fully welded like the STI, therefore they tend to snap off and break. See photos below.

** These are a must for lifted Forester owners who are running stock lateral links, or guys who have a stiffer/thicker aftermarket sway bar in the rear! ***

Are any of you interested in a set? Email ([email protected]) or post below. Thanks!

Photo Credits: Peaty from scoobymods.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts