Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any of you be interested in a replica set of the JDM STI Side Skirts and Rear Spats?

I have 1 of 5 sets in the U.S. and was talking to Neoshi today about making a run of these out of Fiberglass (w/ blended resin compound) and Carbon Fiber (if you have the $$).

Here are some pictures showing the skirts:

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
These REALLY complement the FSXT well and those of us with JDM front ends or even importology front ends could really use the equalizing in profile lines. Also considering the rear waist spoilers in fiberglass!

I'm totally down for side skirts though. I'm tired of our recessed passive look from the side.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
The skirts adhere to the stock rocker moulding.

We felt like if he was creating one or the other, it would be best to make the thing a set so that it doesn't make the look off balance. This specific style was chosen because it is readily available, but there are other options, which would probably increase R&D (and ultimately, final purchase) costs.

I'll try to get pics of just the rear spats on an 03-05 SG to give an example of what I mean by "off balance."

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Cool idea but not digging that dual lines pattern on the sideskirt. How about a set of front spats ? I have a pair of these off an 05 FSTi, they look like they'll fit on my 07. I alreayd have Rally Armour flaps but it looks like I could mount those on top of the spat mounting points.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
800 Posts
to be honest im more of a fan of these sideskirts

and these spats

but youll probably need the JDM rear bumper for those spats right?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
The JDM spats can work on USDM rear bumpers with modding but are best for the JDM rear bumper. The front JDM spats, however, work perfectly on 06-08 stock rocker mouldings without modding.

Well dang, I just sold my JDM spats so no source for mold available (unless you ask Ron for them Brad).

We were thinking about the STI skirts instead too, but they are pricey to source and would raise costs. You would also need to buy the connector piece between the fender and the skirt from the dealer for about $30 a side? I can't remember exactly.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
FYI, the 05 JDM STi sideskirt I have appears to be exactly the same as the one on my 07 XT Sport. No need to replicate that one as you can buy it OEM at the dealer.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
06-08 stock moulding for comparisons sake (i believe this is the same one on ALL JDM FSTIs):

And the one above posted by word is the FSTI OPTIONAL skirt, closer to this look (this is actually the JDM cross sports optional skirt i think):

I can't seem to find a car with the FSTI optional skirt... still looking.

FSTI optional skirt:

and another:

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
OK so I think we should be ruling out the split skirt design that Brad has on his car due to lack of interest and shooting for either:

-STI or Cross Sport type, depending on the way it's mounted
-We all fend for ourselves

1 - 20 of 34 Posts