Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,830 Posts
Have you tried here? :confused: They're kinda on the expensive side, but very nice! :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried here? :confused: They're kinda on the expensive side, but very nice! :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal
that's cool. i didn't know she had a website. i found a "parts for sale" listing where the item already sold via google search.

yeah, that's kinda pricey, but i understand it is custom so worth it if you want it.

i really want 2 gauge pods to mount on the top of dash on each side above instrument cluster.

the perrin performance "mickey mouse" thing is OK but only has the larger gages and looks, well ... "mickey mouse" :biggrin:

i really don't like the 3-gage clusters taking over the storage tray or console tray below radio either.

in lack of other options i guess I need to decide on 2 or 3 gages and if the pillar is definitely out too or not. i really want to keep it more above or below instrument cluster. i'm not a racer but do tow occasionally so I am interested in oil pressure, oil temperature, and maybe voltmeter.

·
Administrator
39,830 Posts
that's cool. i didn't know she had a website. i found a "parts for sale" listing where the item already sold via google search.

yeah, that's kinda pricey, but i understand it is custom so worth it if you want it.

i really want 2 gauge pods to mount on the top of dash on each side above instrument cluster.

the perrin performance "mickey mouse" thing is OK but only has the larger gages and looks, well ... "mickey mouse" :biggrin:

i really don't like the 3-gage clusters taking over the storage tray or console tray below radio either.

in lack of other options i guess I need to decide on 2 or 3 gages and if the pillar is definitely out too or not. i really want to keep it more above or below instrument cluster. i'm not a racer but do tow occasionally so I am interested in oil pressure, oil temperature, and maybe voltmeter.
I don't think the Subie Gal Gauge Pod will work for your application. They're shaped to fit in the left corner, against the A-pillar. :smile:

I agree with the other posters, the SUBTLE SOLUTIONS (03-08) Forester - Gauge Bezel (52mm or 60mm) might be the way to go. :wink:

I'd also recommend a Scangauge II. :cool:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
I'd have to agree with Bobby, the subiegal pod is fitted in the left corner.
Here's an image showing it in place (52mm)

dm

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx for all the great info!

the scangage II is quite tempting (and I do plan to get some type of scan tool anyways), but it didn't look like it supported oil pressure and oil temperature, which is what i am most interested in knowing.

i do want to keep gagues somewhat in "field of view" so I think I will wind up with a mickey mouse column mount of some type.

i use the different storage areas (well, not the sunglasses ones) so i don't want to give them up.

i had an old truck once where i took an enclosed tach gage and mounted it to the side of the instrument cluster on top of the dash with a 2" electrical clamp and sheet metal screw! :icon_redface: :biggrin:

·
Administrator
39,830 Posts
The plastic trim around the steering wheel column is pretty flimsy. Whatever you mount there may rattle or shake with the normal vehicle vibrations. :frown:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts