Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 5 Speed
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with the idea of getting into an FXT for several years now.

Back in October 2009, we finally pulled a trigger on a FXT with 61,000 miles on the clock from the original owner.

Here's what it looks like when we got it:

The original owner added a few modifications to the car so I thought that the deal was pretty sweet since I don't have to purchase upgrade parts right away.

So now onto the specs:

2005 Forester XT
5 Speed Manual

Engine

Ecutek Tuned
Sti TMIC
VF39
Sti uppipe
Sti Catback
Kartboy hangers
Walbro Fuel pump

Suspension

04 Sti Struts
04 Sti Springs
Sti RSB
Kartboy Endlinks

Exterior

Prodrive P1 18x7.5 Wheels 53offset
Kumho SPT 225/45/18
Rays Lugs
Goodridge Brake Lines

Interior

Kartboy Short Shifter
Kartboy Shift Knob
Lampo Factory Boost Gauge
Cloth Interior
Auto Dim Mirror/Compass
Power Seats
Factory 6disc Changer
Bazooka
Kenwood amp

Future mods will be added as funds become available

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,872 Posts
WOW! You have way more MODs than me & I bought my '07 FSXT in July/'09! :icon_eek:

Looking forward to the pictures! :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 5 Speed
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW! You have way more MODs than me & I bought my '07 FSXT in July/'09! :icon_eek:

Looking forward to the pictures! :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

Thanks Bobby! I was just fortunate enough that my wife agreed to buy the FXT. If I had bought a stock FXT, i wouldn't be able to mod a bunch of parts since the wife would not approve of it :biggrin:

Luckily, we found a tastefully modded Forester and also treated gently.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
How's the ride on 04 STI struts and springs? Is it a pogo stick ride, or pretty smooth on the coarse scale? I picked some up, tore them down and lubed this weekend, and hoping to get them on the "bus" (my FXT) within the week. Had to ask, I'm impatient to find out for myself.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 5 Speed
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The clutch pedal cover was worn out so I order a set of WRX from Subarugenuineparts.com

I also got a set of OEM Rubber Mats since the car didn't came with it.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 5 Speed
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How's the ride on 04 STI struts and springs? Is it a pogo stick ride, or pretty smooth on the coarse scale? I picked some up, tore them down and lubed this weekend, and hoping to get them on the "bus" (my FXT) within the week. Had to ask, I'm impatient to find out for myself.
It rides really smooth on nicely paved roads and twisties. But i do get the bubblehead effect on some of the rough freeway/roads here in Norcal.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 5 Speed
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last weekend, i got a used JDM Sti Scoop from a fellow I-club member. I installed it yesterday. :bling:

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 5 Speed
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fastwrx has a matching dead pedal if you want to repalce that too. I have one in my XT and it is a perfect match to the WRX pedals.

OEM-Style Dead Pedal - Steering Wheels and Pedals
Thanks for the link sea-scooby! I will most definitely replace the dead pedal too - hopefully i can find a used one as well. It really does match the WRX pedals.

Or see if i can getaway from ordering it without my wife knowing :icon_wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts