Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
04 STi and Fxt
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Garrod's Java Black Pearl '04 FXT(Update 5/30/2010)

Welcome to my Journal!

Long story short... I decided to make my '04 STi a dedicated race car, hence the need for a new daily driver.

January 19, 2010- Enter the '04 JBP Forester XT with a 5MT.
Excuse the crap cell phone pics

In the Garage:
  • 04 STi Rear sway bar
  • 04 STi Brembos
  • 04 STi Steering Wheel
  • Kartboy Front/Rear endlinks
  • Carbon STi hoodscoop
  • APS Turbo inlet
  • 17 x 7.5 Enkei RPF1 w/Yokohama ES100
  • Cobb Catted Downpipe
  • Grimmspeed uppipe
  • Grimmspeed AOS
  • '06 STi Aluminum control arms
  • 3" Magnaflow race cat(adding to midpipe)
On the Car:
  • Surewin V2Catback
  • K&N typhoon short ram
  • Kartboy front/rear shifter stay bushings
  • APS BOV
  • CSS TMIC
  • GP Moto Intake Silencer Delete elbow
  • OEM Rear Wing
  • 04 STi Gold BBS
  • 04 STi Struts/springs
  • Blacked out headlights
  • Tint- 15% all around
On Order:

I also have plans for the following, as soon as funds allow.

Appearance:
  • Lightly tinted tails(27%)
  • Mesh grill w/o badges
Performance:
  • FP 68HTA Turbo
  • 850cc Injectors
  • Cobb Ap v.2

Suspension:
  • RCE T2 Coilovers
  • GT-Worx camber plates f/r
  • RCE Swaybars f/r
  • GT Spec/ MSI Anti Lift Kit
  • Bushing, bushings, more bushings
Wheels:

·
Registered
04 STi and Fxt
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Current(5/30/2010)
On the Car:
  • Surewin V2Catback
  • K&N typhoon short ram
  • Kartboy front/rear shifter stay bushings
  • APS BOV
  • CSS TMIC
  • GP Moto Intake Silencer Delete elbow
  • OEM Rear Wing
  • 04 STi Gold BBS
  • 04 STi Struts/springs
  • Paranoid Fab 3/8" saggy butt spacers

·
Registered
04 STi and Fxt
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow man you don't waste any time. Why are you swapping in the 04 sti ecu if you aren't doing a vf39
Good question! If there arent any other advantages, I wont do it. Just happen to have it laying around, as I went to a Stand alone EM on the Sti!

Thanks for the heads up and love your car! Definitely one of my favorites on here and nasioc!

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
much appreciated. The only reason I switched to the 04 sti ecu was because it reads a higher maf voltage which I needed for big power. the fxt ecu reads lower and jorge couldn't tune it any further without it. and becareful with those hondata spacers. they effed me over royally with their fitment. caused me to miss a dyno session and a fair amount of $ in labor to take the IM back off. I am using the kstech ones with no problems.

take those silly crossbars off too :biggrin:

·
Registered
04 STi and Fxt
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
much appreciated. The only reason I switched to the 04 sti ecu was because it reads a higher maf voltage which I needed for big power. the fxt ecu reads lower and jorge couldn't tune it any further without it. and becareful with those hondata spacers. they effed me over royally with their fitment. caused me to miss a dyno session and a fair amount of $ in labor to take the IM back off. I am using the kstech ones with no problems.

take those silly crossbars off too :biggrin:
Oh, forgot that detail! Crossbars are off!

Looks like i will just have to sell the ecu and Hondatas;p

Thanks Vinny, you're the man!

·
Registered
04 STi and Fxt
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I am selling the downpipe. I am either going to go with a catted downpipe, or keep the stocker.

Also, I de-badged the entire car today. It took 1 hour with my Milwaukee heat gun! I will never use a ****ty hair dryer again! This thing was great!

·
Registered
04 STi and Fxt
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine was luck. I just so happened to have a car that has interchangeable donor parts. The parts were in the garage long before I had the Forester.

What are your exact plans for the car?

Black FTW!

we have the same car, but your list of stuff in the garage is bigger than mine :( boohooo. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all on there!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good question! If there arent any other advantages, I wont do it. Just happen to have it laying around, as I went to a Stand alone EM on the Sti!

Thanks for the heads up and love your car! Definitely one of my favorites on here and nasioc!
What stand alone did you go with?

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
All I could think of when seeing the exhaust spread out on the bed was ...cue the Barry White music :icon_razz:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
have fun doing your lateral links. i just started mine today and my cars stuck on the lift waiting for new bolts. the ones that go through the hub seem to seize up and then you have nothing else to do but cut them. so note. buy new big ol bolts and nuts.

·
Registered
04 STi and Fxt
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
have fun doing your lateral links. i just started mine today and my cars stuck on the lift waiting for new bolts. the ones that go through the hub seem to seize up and then you have nothing else to do but cut them. so note. buy new big ol bolts and nuts.
Haha, thanks! Yeah, all OEM suspension stuff is a bit** to take off. I am hoping since the forester hasn't really seen any snow, it wont be as bad. I already have the suspension bolts from my STi, so I dont care too much if the Forester ones break or need to be "persuaded" to come off:icon_razz:

·
Registered
04 STi and Fxt
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This coming Monday, I will be taking my car in for some warranty work. There is a strange knocking noise in the transmission. When I engage the gears, even in park, there is a strange noise. Also, the front or center diff is starting to become really loud. Some instances, my forward gears sound like reverse gears. Maybe the dealer that sold me the car put the wrong transmission fluid in.

So, she will be taken from me next week. Hope to get the car back soon. As soon as I do, the parts I have stacked up are going on!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts