Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTL
94 Posts
Yeah, I read that the other day. Sounds interesting.
Something about it doesn't sound right, though.

BTW...HAPPY BDAY!!!
It's cool that we're the only two on here that share this day.
:woohoo:

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
I read that a while back. Hard to say if its a troll as there's definately some knowledge in there. Wouldn't be the first time a good ol' company has been bought out , then hollowed out purely for profit.

Look at the car audio industry: Orion, PPI, A/D/S... all bought out by DEI then turned from solid gear into cheap Chinese gear with a label on top.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
I can believe that something like this is going on.. because it's been happening for the last decade+ in various sectors of the automotive industry. I hope he knows what he's in for. When something becomes viral on the internet, usually the subject finds out. And if the subject is a multi-billion dollar international firm that is actually losing $$ from the information (or is already losing $$, but wants to quiet someone to prevent it from becoming worse [though it probably will anyway.. damage has been done]), the lawyers are not so nice and they have their ways of finding out exactly who you are.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
I read that a while back. Hard to say if its a troll as there's definately some knowledge in there. Wouldn't be the first time a good ol' company has been bought out , then hollowed out purely for profit.

Look at the car audio industry: Orion, PPI, A/D/S... all bought out by DEI then turned from solid gear into cheap Chinese gear with a label on top.
I totally agree. I use to love Clarion and PPI...

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts

Its happening in -every- industry. Big companies are buying trademarks and brand names. Look at honeywell/allied signal, they make -everything-. Theres 1 company making almost all automotive batteries. Even whole cars, the chevy aveo for example, its a daewoo with a $4,000+ chevy badge. If you open up most "pro" level products you'll see its just consumer grade equipment with a new badge or case and very expensive stickers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts