Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5iPremium CVT
28 Posts
Wow

If you have a Garmin sat nav you can go here to download aForester to replace your current 'ride'

Vehicles for GARMIN nuvi

then here for how to change the current vehicle on the sat nav

Garmin | How to Install Vehicles

Have fun - I found this Forester [in silver] when looking for alternatives vehicles

I can cofirm its all Free just like the www should always be.
Wow, I love it. I admit I didn't like the vehicle choices that came with my nuvi so I stuck with the generic blue arrowhead. I downloaded the Forester expecting that I would soon delete it, but...I love it. If only it weren't the turbo in grey...The non-turbo Camellia Red would have been SO much better ;-)

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,542 Posts
I would did this if the touch screen on my 660 hadn't crapped out on me. The opening screen just mocks me now. :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
hmm, i must be retarded b/c its not working for me. I follow instructions but its not on my device...?

Soory to hear that - I have checked my instructions and they have worked ok for a number of forum members .

Can you tell me if you have any other rides on your Garmin Sat Nav?

See details here:
1. On your GPS device, touch Settings.
2. Select Map.
3. Select Vehicle.
4. Choose your favorite vehicle.

source here
Garmin | How to Install Vehicles

let me know how you get on
Olduser1

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5iPremium CVT
28 Posts
Here's what I did

hmm, i must be retarded b/c its not working for me. I follow instructions but its not on my device...?
Which Garmin GPS are you using? If you're using a nuvi, try this--if it fails, tell us at which step. Good luck.

The Garmin instructions didn't make sense to me so I did the following:

-download the SubaruForester.zip from the web site
-extract the SubaruForester.srf file from the zip file
-connect the Garmin nuvi GPS to your computer and wait for GPS to be seen as a drive on the computer
-copy the .srf file from the computer to the GPS, putting it in the /Garmin/vehicle directory of the GPS
-safely disconnect the GPS from the computer
-power up the GPS and touch navigate to the vehicle selection page(s). If more than one page, be sure to use the arrows to view vehicles on non-displayed pages. Select the Subaru and it should be there for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts