Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 2.5 XT Limited
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, as usual Monday morning, I opened the garage door to take the garbage bin back after the dump truck has came. After that I hop into my forester and ready for the school. I check rear mirror, everything was clear. Then, suddenly the garage door dropped and hit the spolier of my forester. I was thankful I wasn't under the door or I would have been killed... It turn out the bracket of the hold on the chain broke off (the sliver place shown in the photos). It only leave a big scratch on the spoiler. I'm glad the forester has a spolier or it would directly hit the rear window. I already send a letter to the landlord in Burlington, Iowa since the so-called property manager in Iowa City would done nothing about it and I have to get everything "Black and White" on letter in order to make them to take action. I have asked them to reimbrush for my repair of my car since they didn't maintain it correctly, so we will see what they are going to do about it. I gave them 2 weeks to respond and hopefully I'll get a respond by then, because last time there were a water damage hole which happened before I move in. It take me 6 months and 2 letter to the landlord to come and fix it. :icon_frown:

Anyway, here is the pictures, and the door struck like that and need a push everytime it open... :icon_frown:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
? ? ?
692 Posts
I was expecting much worse from the title description. Thank goodness you are OK. Good news is that the spoiler can be fixed.

Michael

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring
2,989 Posts
Ugh: Be happy that the damage isn't worse and you aren't hurt (or worse). Our garage door is solid wood and is not balanced so, if the links broke, that door comes down like a locomotive...........

The landlord is a schmuck.........go after him.

Steve

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
not to be a jerk or anything but how close does your rack get to the emergency pull cord/lever?
any chance that backing up caught and pulled the lever and then bombs away? :icon_frown:

you should confirm that it isn't anywhere near that because I would guess that is what they will come back with.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring
2,989 Posts
Ouch! Good eyes, Mike. If the rack did catch the release, that's where the door might have hit on its trip down......

Yikes! Is this possible?

Steve

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
I park my westy in the garage and it drags the cord over the top every time..
lucky for me its smooth up there but it doesn't stop me from cringing at the thought..

·
Premium Member
2010 2.5 XT Limited
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not to be a jerk or anything but how close does your rack get to the emergency pull cord/lever?
any chance that backing up caught and pulled the lever and then bombs away? :icon_frown:

you should confirm that it isn't anywhere near that because I would guess that is what they will come back with.
No, the lever didn't catch the lever, the lever has been very lose for a long time, before I have the rack on.. and yet, I have been having problem to get the door open and close. It fix a bit after a put some WD-40 on the chain, so the rack didn't catch the lever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts