• No

Votes: 9 34.6%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester Automatic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking bets to see if the Insurance company will write this off as a total loss. So far has been about 50/50.

The one thing I don't have a picture of (phone died) is the engine. The radiator was pushed far enough back to crack the plastic housings that cover the belts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
15,013 Posts
Air bags went off..yep total. What happened?

·
Registered
2007 Forester Automatic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Air bags went off..yep total. What happened?
I rear ended a stopped car (ford focus) on the interstate. The funny thing is. I only cracked the bumper on the focus.

AIR BAGS DID NOT DEPLOY!!

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT 8 speed
113 Posts
Similar accident to my wife recently in our 2012 outback. It was a write off, but airbag went off and all coolant leaked out.

Doesn't look like your airbag went off, but your car is older so I'd say yes, write-off.

·
Road Warrior
2005 Outback Wagon 2.5i
409 Posts
As long as it didn't damage any of the actual engine block it should be.

·
Registered
2009 Foz XT Limited Auto
369 Posts
My second crash ~5 years ago (rear-ended a New Yorker '88 with a Neon '98) ended up with the Neon looking a whole lot like that (radiator pushed on engine, altho no engine damage was done). As long as the bags didn't deploy and the car doesn't need a lot of straightening, it shouldn't be a write-off. We fixed it and it served us quite well for the next few years.

New bumper cover, crush beam, radiator, radiator fan, belt cover, headlights, grill, and straightened radiator support beam (or another one welded in place; that's how we fixed the Neon back then). Maybe some extra hoses here and there? (radiator, A/C, etc)

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
That radiator support will not be straightened, it will be replaced. Along with the electric fans, radiator, A/C condenser, headlamp, bumper cover, crush beam, timing belt cover, grille, hood, possibly the other headlamp, plus a lot of other parts possibly unseen, maybe even the subframe underneath that the radiator support is bolted to.

Since it's an X, and they go for under $10k, and there's at LEAST $3k worth of damage done to it, maybe more......I'm willing to be it's a write off.

·
Registered
2015 Forester I-Premium 6MT
2,362 Posts
probably totaled, you say the focus only had bumper cover damage but sometimes its hard to tell. My 2009 elantra touring was totaled in 2011(20000$)

·
Registered
2015 Forester I-Premium 6MT
2,362 Posts
oops cant edit in here.

here was the picture of the damage(20000$ car replacement)

from the outside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts