Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scratched it reinstalling my Harman Kardon Drive+Play. :\ Just wanted to vent. FHI why the cheap interior bits?!

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
4,909 Posts
Scratched it reinstalling my Harman Kardon Drive+Play. :\ Just wanted to vent. FHI why the cheap interior bits?!
Is Subaru so different from any other car in using painted plastic? What material and finish would have been better to resist scratching by tools?

I scratched my instrument cluster bezel with a file while installing a ScanGauge. It did not occur to me to blame Subaru.

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's my fault. It's just frustrating because out of the various other cars I've owned (Honda, Toyota, Datsun, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Volvo) The Subaru has by far the most scratch prone dash. :\ well time to plastidip

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,782 Posts
My old toyota pickup had a similar painted dash. I think they may spray the color into the mold and then add the plastic base. Like they do with fiberglass molds.

YouTube - How To Fiberglass - Mold Layup

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
I was cleaning my dash and I guess my cloth had a tiny piece of dirt and it and did a number on my HVAC bezel. Was brand new to thanks to a CD player theif.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts