Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 XT 5mt
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an 04' FXT with a 5spd tranny..all the ones I see either has a sunroof and an auto..or a 5spd with no sunroof. anyone know what the deal is with that ?Foresters have killer sunroofs and I'd like both, manual and the roof, but if I had to choose one or the other, I would take a 5spd FXT and no sunroof over an auto FXT with the roof.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
You can't have a manual with a sunroof in 04. They only started having the premium package with 5MT in 05. I have one.. =)

gvr4 420 said:
I'm looking for an 04' FXT with a 5spd tranny..all the ones I see either has a sunroof and an auto..or a 5spd with no sunroof. anyone know what the deal is with that ?Foresters have killer sunroofs and I'd like both, manual and the roof, but if I had to choose one or the other, I would take a 5spd FXT and no sunroof over an auto FXT with the roof.

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
You can't have a manual with a sunroof in 04. They only started having the premium package with 5MT in 05. I have one.. =)
Well,

Yes-ish.

The F-XT that was displayed at the NAIAS in 03 had a snroof,leather and a 5spd.

Otherwise, aftermarket sunroof is the only way.

Why not get a 05?

Nicer steering wheel,debadged sail panels, etc...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I think that's only in the states. Up here in canada I've looked at a couple 04 5spd and they had leather and a sunroof.

Just stating a observation.

Bland...

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
313 Posts
Apparently, it differs from country to country. In Scandinavia you cannot have the sunroof AND MT :-(

·
Registered
2005 XT 5mt
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bland said:
I think that's only in the states. Up here in canada I've looked at a couple 04 5spd and they had leather and a sunroof.

Just stating a observation.

Bland...
cool, thanks for the replies ! I only have been looking @ 04's cause I've seen better prices for them. I'll start looking at some 05's too. Thanks again and may just have to settle for a non sunroof 04'..either way, I have forester fever and my 04' WRX wagon is soon to be gone

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
gvr4 420 said:
cool, thanks for the replies ! I only have been looking @ 04's cause I've seen better prices for them. I'll start looking at some 05's too. Thanks again and may just have to settle for a non sunroof 04'..either way, I have forester fever and my 04' WRX wagon is soon to be gone
Get the 05.

If you want a sunroof you WILL regret not waiting, trust me.

<--- 04 sunroofless :frown:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think it's quite ironic...here where we have more sun, nearly the full Forester range has sunroof. Only the most basic ones didn't have it :wiggle:

Although I don't mind opening it in summer :Banane01:

·
Registered
2005 XT 5mt
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, I'm gonna have to look for an 05'..pending what prices I see. Does anyone have an aftermarket roof on their forester ? is it an expensive deal and is it a stock type roof, or a tiny one like most other cars...damm, I gotta save some more money ! lol

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Roo knows someone who has an aftermarket moonroof... it's teeny in comparison to the OEM one, doesn't even come close in size. Also, I'd be concerned with quality of workmanship and leaks with aftermarket setups.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Hondaslayer said:
Get the 05.

If you want a sunroof you WILL regret not waiting, trust me.

<--- 04 sunroofless :frown:
ditto...i wish I would have waited a year...especially after riding in pleiad's sunroof equipped xt, and realizing how huge that thing is...yes..i'm jealous

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, get an 05

JP

04 FXT MT, cloth, OEM moonroof

PS: every last one of the FXTs sold up here has the moonroof, but they are priced accordingly, cnd$36,000 msrp for my 04, not that I paid that much:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts