Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester XT AT
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought the suspension at a meet last night and installed them this morning.
Everything went in fine till I installed the rear shocks.
I guess the tires I bought are too meaty as on the oem stock FXT suspension, the BFG in 235/55/17 were fine and i had no problems.
After installing the wrx shocks with the blue prodrive springs, the top of the tires touch the bottom of the spring cups on the rear shocks. In front I no longer can turn full lock range as the tires rub the inner fender wells or against something.

To solve the problem, I found a set of 2011 WRX rims and tires and got them mounted which gave me the clearances that I needed.

Before:

After:

And I dont scrape anything even with a load of Costco groceries being this low

Front Clearance:

Rear Clearance:

·
Registered
04 Forester XT AT
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have any idea what tire size I should run with the setup I installed Saturday.
Im thinking 225/50/17 tires or maybe 235/45/17s but want to be sure before I order.

Im afraid that even though I may clear the spring cup on the rear shock, Im not sure if I will clear the front fender liner or fender itself as something rubs as I get somewhat close to full lock. Rims are the STI V7 rims that are 17x7.5" and +53 offset.

Ill post on the wheel and tire forums if any luck there...

·
Registered
04 Forester XT AT
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picture update,..
All fits and rides surprising well at this low height,..
Not jarring or bumpy with the prodrive springs as I thought they would be and it takes the corners being so low without any lean.
Running STI RSB, but will look for STI lateral links due to be being so low..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts