Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can get them at techinfo.subaru.com but I was wondering if someone had them handy. I have an extra bulkhead harness laying around and thought I'd spend some time labling it.

Thanks.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
shoot me an e-mail direct and I may have something useful.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester STi
17 Posts
Hi there,
Got a first gen SF5-034609 Forester. I downloaded Wiring Diagrams from techinfo.subaru.com but have already found differences b/w the diagrams and the actual wiring on the vehicle.
I would very much appreciate info on where to get service manuals, wiring diagrams and the diagnostics procedure for this car. It runs super currently, but the tinkerer in me wants to get to know the car better.
The car also as an OBDII type connetor but I couldn't link with an Innova 3110 tool. Pin 10 of the DLC is blank.... Is this model OBDII complaint?

Thanx

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester STi
17 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for the links. My car is probably 1996 (from the seat belts) or 1997 from the VIN....still confused about that. It's also JDM and RHD.
As for the DLC, subaru wiring diagrams label the pins opposite to other manufacturers...the 1 to 8 row is the narrower side of the connector. I used this arrangement and found pin 10 to be blank. In the other arrangement, this would be pin 7, the ISO 9141-2 K line. I had tried my scantool on newer Subarus and this was the protocal used fro communication.
Is there someplace I could get service info and wiring diagrams fro this model...other than Subaru techinfo as I already have those and they depict some differences?
Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts