Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Premium
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have to admit, I had no interest in buying a forester when I started looking for a car. I love Subaru's, but I figured the forester was a boring mom's car. Then I saw this beautiful 2004 XT premium, and needless to say, it quickly changed my opinion.

It's silver, bone stock (so bone stock at 120000 miles it has the original timing belt :icon_eek:). So I'll take some photos after I get my timing belt and windshield replaced. Very clean car. Once I get some extra money together I'd love to add a few hp to make up for the fact that it's a 4EAT. Suggestions as to what my first steps should be would be greatly appreciated :icon_biggrin:

This forum awesome, I'm glad I found it right away. Glad to be a part of the community!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Looking forward to the pictures. :wink:

Funny... when my '03 X came into my life, I thought, no way, got to get rid of it! This thing is what "old people" drive! The funny thing, I'm old now & I have a Forester! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and glad to have you with us!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome and yes this is truly an awesome forum made by great members and their contributions.

Besides the timing belt and assorted idlers and tensioner, you might consider doing the water pump as well. Everyone has an opinion on whether to replace it and I'm sure others will offer theirs in good time.

I'd also a fan of having the differential fluids changed and transmission fluid flushed, this is an area that often goes far to long without full servicing and your car will run and shift better.

You can also add your vehicle info to your Signature that way it'll show up every time you post. Just use the drop down menu in the Quick Links, Edit Signature and add info like year/model/transmission. This will give members the basic info to respond to a model specific post.

Seeing as you are close by you should check out the Wicked Big Meet thread in the Eastern Forum. A contingent of members will be in attendance. www.wickedbigmeet.com
Cheers

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Premium
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

I do plan on replacing the water pump as well, it only makes sense at this point. Thanks for reminding me about changing the fluids, as I feel it could be shifting a little better, and from what I gathered about the original owner, he didn't do anything post-warranty except oil changes.

And the wicked big meet sounds fun, I'll definitely head over if I can fit it in my schedule! I've got a rex owning friend, maybe I can convince him to come along too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts