Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else saw this readers letter in the latest C&D defending the fact that the FXT is still the fastest in its segment. One of the editors in the previous issue mistakenly said that the new V6 Rav-4 was the quickest of the small utes....Nice to see them owning up to their mistakes once in a while!!

·
Registered
2005 FXT
353 Posts
Yes! Their apology was welcome. It would be nice to see more praise for the FXT in the car press, but alas. There was a short piece in SportCompact about Mr. Coleman's dad, and the original C&D article. Other than that, we are almost a secret society.

·
Registered
273 Posts
nothing wrong with being a secret society. i love to see the faces of the guys in their sporty cars that just got beat by a wagon! then have him ask me if my debaged forester is stock. hahahaha! as far as i'm concerned, the less people that that know about it the better!

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring HTCVT
943 Posts
Nice to see C&D correct themselves, even though the V6 Rav looks to be a small-ute sleeper in its own right.
eman said:
nothing wrong with being a secret society. i love to see the faces of the guys in their sporty cars that just got beat by a wagon! then have him ask me if my debaged forester is stock. hahahaha! as far as i'm concerned, the less people that that know about it the better!
Amen to that.

What's even better than sneaking up on the sports cars is sneaking up on guys who think their car is the one that is a sleeper... last week I taught a Silverado SS driver a thing or two about real stealth. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I too would rather less people know. It's sooo much more fun that way. Manual Tranny + AWD + TURBO = VERY Surprised opponents.

eman said:

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
AUTO + AWD + NA 165 hp = our civic "racers" defeated, at least here, that is

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
You know what's funny?

A guy in an FXT pulled up beside me at a stop light yesterday, we made eye contact & gave each other a respectful smile & nod.....just carried on our way lol. Was kinda cool actually. :bigok:

A 'secret society' works for me! 8) :drive: The average (and naive) motorist does not have the foggiest clue what our cars (N/A & Turbos) can do or are capable of.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've even come across a few WRX and STi drivers who have no idea what we're capable of. Ticks me off actually. at least it's nice to know who the real subaru fans are. Most of us here are WELL aware of the vehicle specs all across the entire subaru line-up but so many WRX owners have no clue that our foresters are basically the same vehicle. ignorance is such a pitty

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
I'll take a Forester XT over a WRX or STi any day of the week & twice on Sunday's personally. :grin:

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
The local Subaru guys gained respect for the FXT after being left in the dust at two seperate ice races. :)

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts
Lexusfreak said:
I'll take a Forester XT over a WRX or STi any day of the week & twice on Sunday's personally. :grin:
Agreed, I traded in an 02 WRX wagon for my XT. :devilgrin

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I've educated both WRX owners and STi owners.. ane EVO owners.. ;)

Daily Llama said:
I've even come across a few WRX and STi drivers who have no idea what we're capable of. Ticks me off actually. at least it's nice to know who the real subaru fans are. Most of us here are WELL aware of the vehicle specs all across the entire subaru line-up but so many WRX owners have no clue that our foresters are basically the same vehicle. ignorance is such a pitty

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Sort of "off topic"

I'll be getting all the belts replace on the forester in a couple weeks or so..

whats the % chance that my dealership would be willing to put on an underdrive pulley for me?

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
So how much faster are we, 5MT and 4 or 5EAT, than the new RAV4?
-Quick

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Quicksilver said:
So how much faster are we, 5MT and 4 or 5EAT, than the new RAV4?
-Quick
Here are the C&D test results for the RAV4:

C/D TEST RESULTS
ACCELERATION: Seconds
Zero to 30 mph: 2.3
40 mph: 3.2
50 mph: 4.7
60 mph: 6.3
70 mph: 7.9
80 mph: 10.6
90 mph: 13.5
100 mph: 17.0
110 mph: 21.4
Street start, 5–60 mph: 6.5
Top-gear acceleration, 30–50 mph: 3.0
50–70 mph: 3.8
Standing 1/4-mile: 14.9 sec @ 94 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 129 mph

It's quick, but not quick enough... :mrgreen:

C

·
0 Posts
I just love it when I leave all them Evo's & STi's at the traffic lights. The twin turbo is a shocker to most naive "sports car" owners...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts