Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Manual
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry to ask this question, because it has been asked a lot of times.
But i have gathered a lot of Intel on this subject, and there seems to be different opinions.
But the things i have found so far says, that the turbo models should have filter and Oil changed no later than every 3750 miles or every 4 month. But i also have access to some mechanics software which the repair shops use and that says every 10000 miles and that's a big jump.
I'm new to Subaru, but i love it, so i wanna treat it right, but i dont wanna waste Oil or money.
Btw. I dont race, but i do use it as a everyday'er, and i drive aprox. 14 miles each way.

PS. Im going to hear the local Subaru dealer/repair shop, but i would really like your opinions also, so i Can compare, and hopefully figure out what to do.

Thanks in advance and Greetings from Denmark which just Got some Snow :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2000 2 Outbacks 1Man , 1 Auto
312 Posts
In Scotland the 2005 owners manual says every 9000 miles for European vehicles and 7500 for other areas . This is for normal running conditions . (whatever that is !) . Varies from area to area so that they can keep lifetime running costs of the vehicle low I think which helps sales . I change mine every 5/6000 miles using a quality semi synthetic .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts