Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to import Alliance ATL and I'm 4 hours from it. Could I put the fwd fuse in my 1999 forester and drive there like that? Reason is because my rear tires rub the fenders on the the interstate (it's really ****** roads) and I wanted to put my old wheels on the rear for the ride there and change them out when I get there and change them back for the ride home. I'm running a 18x9.5 215 40 r18 in the front and will be running my old 18x8.5 205 40 r18 in the rear just for the ride there and back if I can. Any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
17,745 Posts
@WadeSharpe21 I wouldn't recommend this as it's really meant for short periods running a spare or for diagnostic purposes. My owners manual says very little about it other than a mention of the warning light. My workshop manual only indicates use for diagnostics.

I "think", but am really not sure, that your power will be limited to the normal front split e.g. 60% and it seems a little power is still sent to the rear wheels. I also read it's not recommended for turbo models.

BTW

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts