Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Future of FOTM? - Updated!

10K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  HeyChris 
#1 ·
Is FOTM over? :( There hasn't been a March, April, May one.

#9 ·
@Administrator

Well - Autoguide were going to take this on but nothing has happened since July. They're probably too busy with performance issues atm. ;-)

I've never been involved with FOTM but it would require at least a moderator level of vbulletin knowledge plus, I guess, image manipulation tools. Very regular monitoring of the threads would be required as well.

Perhaps other mods / admins can advise further.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Could it be that some members may think they might not have competitive equipment to go against those who are either photogs or have up-scaled equipment? Maybe a reminder on content and creativity over high quality pixels is the key. Most car enthusiasts are always taking pics of their adventures and travels no matter if they have a DSLR in their hand but their mobiles. Just thinking.

Or perhaps seasonal themes.

#17 ·
#22 ·
^^^ That post - right there ^^^

If you don't check in to the site daily, you can get dozens of pages/posts to sort through so FOTM can get lost in the shuffle... I think if it was made a pinned post, more could/would see it...

But alas, it's gone. 😰 (n)📷

#23 · (Edited)
Cough Cough... @USMC_Subie

Bringing this back again. I'll be your 6th host. Hopefully I will last longer than @FXTerrific, but time will tell if I or anyone else can match the tenure that @Duderotomy set the record for. (y)

#24 ·
I'm sorry that it didn't really go anywhere after I left.
I remember having calendar reminders setup for specific days, and using a standard template that was saved in a .TXT file for everything from submission threads to voting threads, and the winner threads. Heck, I still have a bunch of the graphics hosted on my Flickr page.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.