Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X SE
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading in this forum that the Fumoto Valve everyone is using is PN# F-105. I see on the Fumoto site is correct except for 2010 model engines, which they say should be a F-108. Has anyone installed one on a 2010 yet? I've had one on my truck for years,and I really like it.

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
copied this from site. No mention of f-108 here.

Saab All models (except GM engine: F-107, Subaru engine: F-105) F-106
Scion All models F-103
Subaru All models F-105
Suzuki All models F-106
Toyota All models from 1993 & on F-103
85 & on Tercel, Celica, MR2, Gas Corolla, Gas trucks F-103

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,950 Posts
I think it's a matter of poor wording on the QwikValve Web site. It calls for the F-108 for "2010 & on Outback with 4cyl engines" and the F-105 for "All other models." I think what the first quote means is 4 cyl Outbacks >= 2010. "On" as in "onward."

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
I can't find the plug type or even thread in the Forester manual....

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X SE
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the F-108 its too small.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info, and sorry that the valve didn't work. The one I have on my truck works great. The wording on the fitting guide for the Subaru's is a bit confusing. I wonder what makes the Outback different?

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
931 Posts
I got the F-108 its too small.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info, and sorry that the valve didn't work. The one I have on my truck works great. The wording on the fitting guide for the Subaru's is a bit confusing. I wonder what makes the Outback different?
Are you saying you got the f-108 and it worked? I just received the f105N I am hopping this one is the correct one, can you confirm? thanks.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,950 Posts
Are you saying you got the f-108 and it worked? I just received the f105N I am hoping this one is the correct one, can you confirm? thanks.
I think he was simply saying that he has a Fumoto valve on his truck and he loves it. Maybe even an F-108, but on his truck!

The best way to make sure is to just set up to do your normal oil change. When you've got the stock plug out, compare it in size and thread to the F-105N that you just bought, without opening the bag that the valve is in. If it doesn't fit, then just finish the oil change the old fashioned way and return the valve unopened. I'm betting that it will fit.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
305 Posts
I just ordered from Quick Valve and they have changed the wording on the Subaru engines to 2010 and up Outback F-108 and all others F-105. Seems pretty cut and dried to me. Should have ordered one the day I bough the car, as I already have $5 in freakin' crush washers!

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
931 Posts
Yeah I talk to them too as I got confused with the wording I got the F105N in my car now, but I am runing synthetic and no oil change in sight for another 5k this is why I wanted to verify that the F105N was the correct size. Trust me I was so pissed off when I was changing my oil just so that I can install my valve just to find out that I got the wrong one lol. Oh well I guess I will get the chance to get dirty once again lol. I learned from my mistake and e-mail them when ordering one for my CRV and that one went in without a problem ;). I love the valve it's a joy to use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I talk to them too as I got confused with the wording I got the F105N in my car now, but I am runing synthetic and no oil change in sight for another 5k this is why I wanted to verify that the F105N was the correct size. Trust me I was so pissed off when I was changing my oil just so that I can install my valve just to find out that I got the wrong one lol. Oh well I guess I will get the chance to get dirty once again lol. I learned from my mistake and e-mail them when ordering one for my CRV and that one went in without a problem ;). I love the valve it's a joy to use.
I am fairly certain that the F105 is the correct valve for a 2010 Subaru Forrester, but wanted to verify since this post states that he now has the 105 and has to wait another 5k milest to change out.

Would appreciat anyone who uses this on 2010 to please verify the type.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 Forester Limited Auto w/nav
898 Posts
QuickOilDrainValve.com - the best way to change oil

(2010 & on)Outback SUV w/4cyl., (2011 & on) Forester w/ new FB25 engine ---- F108 and F108N

All other Subaru models ---- F105 and F105N
Including: Impreza, WRX, Legacy, Tribeca, Baja, (up to 2009)Outback, (up to 2010)Forester

* F108 and F108N fit only (2010 & on)Outback SUV w/4cyl. and (2011 & on) Forester w/ new FB25 engine
Looks like for a 2010 Forester the 105 is what is needed.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
931 Posts
I am fairly certain that the F105 is the correct valve for a 2010 Subaru forester, but wanted to verify since this post states that he now has the 105 and has to wait another 5k milest to change out.

Would appreciat anyone who uses this on 2010 to please verify the type.

Thanks.
Sorry yeah it worked, in the past the website had a very confusing wording in a description which resulted in people ordering the wrong valve, this been change a while back, and should pose no confusion. 105 is the correct valve for 2009-2010.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone used a Fumoto drain valve on the automatic transmission pan? And if so, what size valve do I get?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts