Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Fosester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 Forester fuel tank will air lock when i'm refueling. If i supply more than the slowest trickle of fuel again it will air lock a the pump will click off. It takes like ten minutes to refuel. A Subaru guy said he thought it would most likely be the pressure relief valve on top of the tank. That would require the take to be dropped. Help please??

·
Registered
2002 Fosester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i'll get it on my hoist and take a look. Looks promising. First time ever posting to any type of forum!

·
Registered
2002 Fosester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Findings from project.

Thanks, i'll get it on my hoist and take a look. Looks promising. First time ever posting to any type of forum!
Hello,

After having Subaru send me out several incorrect parts I decided to hollow out the vent valve. There was a dighaphram and spring I removed and carefull drilled out plasic flange to open the passage more. The valve seamed to work as it should but I was desparete to have my efforts yeild some results and I thouht if this modification didn't work I would replace the vent valve with a new one. Results were: No CEL and it would re-fule 75% better but not perfect allowing full flow till the tank was totally full. I had to back it off towards full or the flow at the pump would click off. This was over a several month period. Not a confrimmed fix but surely a reasonabe work around. Additionally I didnt have to drop the tank but did have to loosen and lower the rear drive train crossmember. I fould this repair to be unrelated to the other posts I reviewed throughout the forum at the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts