Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 forester gas
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subaru Forester 2003.
Purchased one month ago ( used ), fuel tank replaced from the past owner one month ago..

Yesterday i've made a full refill of the tank and noted a strong smell of fuel in the cabin.
Removed the backseat and found a leakage..
Will post a photo asap.

How is possible? maybe the fuel tank has been overloaded?
See there.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1998 Forester WRX 5MT
163 Posts
I'd pull the side panels away on the filler neck side & make sure the clamps that attach the hose to the filler neck & the clamps that attach it to the tank are tight. It's a possibility that it leaked in while you were filling up & ran down the filler next & into your vehicle.

·
Registered
2003 forester gas
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks!
The problem is that i've seen that leakeage start from the two holes\pot that you can see in the photo ( exp. the right hole/pot )...

I've clean it and maked around 15 miles and it leak again from the same hole...But cannot understand what is it...what are the functions of this two holes?

Leakege occours only during driving.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,250 Posts
Do you have gas dripping under that area, to the ground? Have you removed the tank access hatch to see if a hose could be leaking? Perhaps the previous owner was in the tank & didn't get all the hoses properly reconnected. :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2003 forester gas
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still problems with this :(

there are any cheap diagnostic tool that i could buy to check pression in tank or other value of the auto? to check ODB errors?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts