1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 NA
18NA

What is the maximum % of ethanol that is safe to use in these?

Am I correct that the trucks I see that are E85 stickered are set up differently?

·
Registered
2018 Forester CVT
62 Posts
Didn't the current administration just mandate an increase in the ethanol percentage to 15% to cover the loss in the corn market from the tariffs? I thought I heard that on the radio.

·
Premium Member
2014 Touring with Eyesigh CVT
622 Posts
No. They will allow the refineries to use ethenol mixtures all year long and stop mandating % limitations. Remember Pure Gas is also a great option.
It is always better when the consumer has choices.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul

·
Registered
2016 and 2020 Foresters
1,667 Posts
They can. Doesn't mean your car will like E15. Though, it's become more common.

It has to be labeled anyway. Just watch what gas you put in your car. Don't go over E10 unless you have an XT and tune for it.

·
Premium Member
2014 Touring with Eyesigh CVT
622 Posts
They can but doesn't mean they will as I said the consumer will vote with their wallet. Just like there is regular, medium, high test, pure gas ( ethenol free ). You shouldn't add any extra stress because of a possibility something could happen really doesn't mean it will hapoen

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can buy 100% gas at the hardware store in a gallon can. At the station I get what they provide.
In Winter it is 10% ethanol.

Thanks for the replies that my vehicles are not set up for more than 10% ethanol.

Feel free to close this thread admins.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,900 Posts
If you use 100% gasoline, look for your mpg's to go up.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,900 Posts
Just curious. In locations where 100% regular grade (87 octane) gas is offered, how is it priced as compared to E10 regular?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts