Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 S tb
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a japanese make subaru forester s tb 1997 model and the fuel pump has stopped working. Can the fuel pump be replaced by a pump from any forester make or even from an impreza or i have to import it from japan?

·
Registered
2000 Impreza, 2003 Bugeye Sport, 2010 Base, 2014 Base, 2015 Premium, 2017 Limited, 2020 Touring
1,020 Posts
I have a japanese make subaru forester s tb 1997 model and the fuel pump has stopped working. Can the fuel pump be replaced by a pump from any forester make or even from an impreza or i have to import it from japan?
Are you allowed to bypass the OEM fuelpump in your country? The easiest way out may be just to buy an external aftermarket electric fuel pump and install that in-line.

·
Registered
1999 SUBARU FORESTER
3 Posts
Did you manage to fix the Fuel Pump

Hi did you manage to fix your car?

·
Registered
1997 Forester 5spd manual
12 Posts
my pump just gave up today. well ... im pretty sure it has. felt like i was running out of fuel when i had a quarter tank to spare. it also came on slow which makes me believe its not the fuse (the car is at my mates place)
going to get it towed home and check out the filter etc. will let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
1997 Forester 5spd manual
12 Posts
So just updating you all. Feel like the biggest retard about haha. I've always been told to look for the simplest answer and 9 times out of 10 it always is. So it spluttered to a halt but over the space of a minute. This led me to believe that the fuse was not blown as it would have stopped quickly. Also the fuel pump was fine. My issue was that the fuel gauge was stuck and reading incorrect and showing a half tank when in fact there was none. I'm a retard because when I took out the pump I didn't bother to look inside the tank.

Such a winner. New sensor later and some fuel and was back on the road

1 - 6 of 6 Posts