Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 forester automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 forester turbo, I have had to have the fuel pump replace at 15000km then again at 37000km and now its in the shop at 63000 with possibly the same problem. Has anyone else had fuel pump issues? Is it time to bail and look for a different vehicle?

·
Registered
2011 turbotek tuned fxt 4eat paddle shift
3,539 Posts
Never had any fuel pump issues but i have replaced mine 3 times with different larger pumps and none have ever had a issue. I would think you must have another problem that is causing this maybe a problem with your fuel pump controller.

·
Registered
2009 2.5xt 6 Speed Swap version 8 6 speed sti trans with r180
4,150 Posts
I wonder if you've got a wiring or controller problem forcing your pump to run at 100 percent duty cycle all the time? I don't recall anyone going through that many fuel pumps that I've read about.

·
Registered
2011 SH S-Edition 5EAT
202 Posts
That's insane. There's definitely some sort of control issue if your pump's failing that often.

·
Registered
2012 forester automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, thanks for your suggestions. I just got the car back and the dealer said there was some kind of yellow greasy like substance plugging the fuel filter. The first thing I thought of was gas. But I have a 99 Chrysler minivan and 08 chev Silverado that I fill up at the same gas station and they have no fuel problems. I really am stumped on this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts