Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 forester
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ust got a 2010 forester. Reading the manual and excited about the fuel mileage gauge, then read it's not in US models. WHY??? Anyone know?

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
389 Posts
Welcome,

You mean like the one that sits next to the tac on the Outback? The Limited Fozzies have a digital MPG gauge now. I think the base models don't come with the digital MPG. Right?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not sure I follow.

You guys talking about instantaneous or average mpg? If instantaneous, don't know anything about that.

But mine ('09 X Premium) shows average mpg for each tripmeter (A and B). It's in the display above the radio, in the same display as the clock. AFAIK, all SH models have that.

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
ust got a 2010 forester. Reading the manual and excited about the fuel mileage gauge, then read it's not in US models. WHY??? Anyone know?
Yup. Just got my 2010 Foz limited XT here in Calgary, AB and it has that instant mileage and trip average gauge. I don't like it. I would trade anyone for a distance to empty display...please!!!

D.

·
Registered
2018 SJ Forester 2.5i Ltd CVT
1,437 Posts
According to the sales brochure for the 2010 Forester, all trim levels have the mpg calculator. The mpg appears in the clock/outside air temp display at the top of the center dash. It displays when you depress either trip A or trip B on the odometer. When you reset trip A or B, you might have to drive a mile or two before the mpg begins displaying a calculation. The mpg calculator is cumulative until you reset the trip meter.

I set trip B back when I drove my car off the dealer's lot (1816 miles ago) and I'm averaging 27.6 mpg according to the mpg computer. On my current tank of gas (trip A) I'm averaging 29.1 mpg. I'm really impressed with my mpg thus far. I have a 2010 2.5X PZEV Limited with automatic transmission. I live in a warm climate and do little stop and go driving.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
389 Posts
According to the sales borchure for the 2010 Forester, all trim levels have the mpg calculator. The mpg appears in the clock/outside air temp display at the top of the center dash. It displays when you depress either trip A or trip B on the odometer. When you reset trip A or B, you might have to drive a mile or two before the mpg begins displaying a calculation. The mpg calculator is cumulative until you reset the trip meter.

I set trip B back when I drove my car off the dealer's lot (1816 miles ago) and I'm averaging 27.6 mpg according to the mpg computer. On my current tank of gas (trip A) I'm averaging 29.1 mpg. I'm really impressed with my mpg thus far. I have a 2010 2.5X PZEV Limited with automatic transmission. I live in a warm climate and do little stop and go driving.
I had a 2010 foz, base model for a bit (it was a loaner car), and it didn't have the digital MPG readout in the spot where it should have been. No trip A or B options either.

My Limited has it tho.

·
Registered
2017 Limited
1,018 Posts
According to the sales brochure for the 2010 Forester, all trim levels have the mpg calculator. The mpg appears in the clock/outside air temp display at the top of the center dash. It displays when you depress either trip A or trip B on the odometer. When you reset trip A or B, you might have to drive a mile or two before the mpg begins displaying a calculation. The mpg calculator is cumulative until you reset the trip meter.

You are lucky with that mileage. I have averaged "only" 20.9 MPG since new on my 2010 2.5 Auto. That said, I live in the northeastern US, and stop and go is all I do.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,259 Posts
I had a 2010 foz, base model for a bit (it was a loaner car), and it didn't have the digital MPG readout in the spot where it should have been. No trip A or B options either.
The display may have been (purposely) turned off and/or the odometer set for the "Odometer" function, and not "Trip A" or "Trip B". Check pages 3-22 through -24 in the '10's owner manual.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts