Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a code fuel trim mal. When I start the car in the morning I smell gas and I can see the gas leaking out. The gas seems to come out most from the out line at the fuel filter. The other lines seem to leak as well. I made sure they were tight. Once the car warms up no more leaks through out the day. I also have a after market gas cap that came with the car when I bought it. I changed the fuel filter and did a whole lot of repairs. Pvc valve hose seems to be frayed a bit but what would that do to the fuel? I did my own head repairs removing everything on top and cleaning the parts. New gaskets,machine job intake cleaned. Their is a bunch more I did to this car. Enough rambling, I did notice that when I used lucas fuel cleaner,the light would go off and on when ever it wanted. Thats how my car passed MA inspection lol . Two hours later it came back on. If any one can give me some advice as what my options are that would be cool. I was thinking of just getting a new fuel rail/ injectors or what ever. :bananapartyhat:

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
A buddy of mine who has an eagle eye WRX just had to replace all his fuel lines under the hood due to them leaking. Was a big job as he had to yank to intake manifold to gain access.

·
Registered
1999 Forester
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel leaks...

A buddy of mine who has an eagle eye WRX just had to replace all his fuel lines under the hood due to them leaking. Was a big job as he had to yank to intake manifold to gain access.
I am hoping its a fuel injector rather than the whole system. If I did decide to swap, Where could I get those Parts? Any specific online store I could go to?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts