Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT 6MT
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being lazy I got a quote for replacing all 4 fuel injectors. They quoted me 4 hours. Does this seem right?

·
Premium Member
2009 Fozzie XT Ltd 4EAT
553 Posts
prolly book rate

who did the quote?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT 5 speed
1,042 Posts
It probably took me 4 hours to do it . . . but I'd never done it before and was pretty slow. I also did it without draining coolant, which in retrospect would have made the passenger side head a lot faster/easier.

·
Registered
2011 turbotek tuned fxt 4eat paddle shift
3,539 Posts
I did mine in about 2 taking my time and never have done them before so 4 seems a little crazy.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT 6MT
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The quote came from EFI Logics and caught me a little off guard considering installing a new turbo, downpipe, and fuelpump was quoted at 4.5 hours.

Perhaps I misunderstood what he said. Going to give him a ring tomorrow to double check.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT 6MT
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called another shop and got some info about the 2008 having additional shielding that needs to be removed and adapters that need to be installed. New quote is 3 hours.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports XT AutoTragic
329 Posts
The Injector Dynamics injectors for the SG models require either modification of the stock wiring or the use of ID's pre-fabricated adapters. The adapters cost about $45 for the set and make the injectors plug-n-play, so they should not increase the shop's labor hours, but would increase the total charge if the shop has to supply the adapters. If the shop chooses instead to modify the stock connectors it could well run about an hour of labor.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT 6MT
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts