Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the light which comes on when fuel is low. It worked intermittently for a while and only came on when the needle was below the very bottom mark on the gauge. Now it doesn't come on at all.
When it did work, i noticed that the light was never lit 'ON' or 'OFF' like any normal bulb would be, but came on slowly, gradually getting brighter and only when the tank was really empty.
Tell me i don't have to take the gauges out, PLEASE.

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,242 Posts
Mine comes on when the needle is well below the Empty mark, and there is then about 50 miles left in the tank.

As far as I recall it is either on or off, I don't remember "dim".

As discussed on here before, it would be rather helpful if it came on with all the other bulbs as a check when the ignition is switched on.

·
Registered
1999 (UKDM) S-Turbo (LT) 4EAT
217 Posts
Mine fades in too. I also remember reading somewhere that every time you switch the ignition off, (provided you haven't refilled in the mean time) the light stays off the next time you start the car and remains off until it's travelled a certain distance before coming on again. That nearly caught me out.

The manual states it comes on with approximately 9 litres left.

Anyway, this might be useful for you to fault find with before resorting to instrument removal :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts