Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 sf6 now w/choo choo 4EAT
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been throwing some evaporative emissions control system leak codes(442,456,420(iknow 420is cat/censor code)), my filler area is all rusted around the top so i think i need a new filler hose/fittings.

I cant find one for under 160 bucks!
can anybody hook me up with a good place to get one for cheaper?
:monkey_dance:

o ya, if its not the filler hose i wanna replace it anyways cuz it is really getting rusty
thnx guys!
2001 S N/A

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
All my bets are on rusted filler neck, when you take off the cover you'll see all the crap that's sat in there.

Check with our vendors, Grayson and Annapolis Subaru, I believe they both offer member discount's. Jackie at Annapolis moves a lot of parts & accessories to our members, check them both out in the Vendor Forum.
Just make sure you get new hoses and clamps etc., for the job. Did this on my old 99 and am glad we got all the extras.

Good luck

·
Registered
2001 sf6 now w/choo choo 4EAT
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhhh i cant believe i didn't look over the site vendors! im dumb.

Ya man, there is rust visible around the gas cap. Thats why i am sure the hose part has got to be really gunked up! rust in the gas cant be good.

my subie has been in my family since its birth in 2001, now that it is mine, i am trying to catch up on things like this. I believe this fix is going to the top of my fix-it list.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
The obvious tell tale sign is gas leaking while you are filling the tank, sometimes you don't notice it if it is only a pinhole leak and where the leak is on the pipe, but it's enough to trip the light, eventually the leak gets worse.
There is a cover that "protects" the filler tube, but actually holds a ton of moist road debris in place.

My mechanic supervised,:N_poke: wouldn't let me have a beer until I was finished. :icon_sad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts