Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be in the Ft Myers area visiting the wife's family from this Sunday (3/19) to next Monday. Anyone up for a beer or something? I'm gonna need to get out of the house :)

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Florida, right? Too far :( Try Fort Meade ... it's right across the road from my place. :)

·
The Modfather
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes FL, it's by Cape Coral I think.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
815 Posts
I will miss you by a week, I am going down the next weekend for the St. Petersburg Indy Race. :drive:

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
2,772 Posts
If I understand you correctly, you're talking about the 19th-27th.
It's only 1.5 hrs across Alligator Alley (I-75) so maybe the Mrs & I will come across next Sunday (26) to hang out.
It would also give us an excuse to visit http://www.semgulf.com/ again.

·
The Modfather
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be fun let me know, I'll PM you my cell phone. I have no idea if I will have net access while down there. I can bring down a Subaru data DVD I have to pass on. Just some stuff I've saved over the years...

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,939 Posts
Aleksey said:
Florida, right? Too far :( Try Fort Meade ... it's right across the road from my place. :)
If he had said "Ft. Myer" (singular) it wouldn't be too much of a drive for the two of us. Just out back of Arlington National Cemetery.

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
1,463 Posts
Boca_Yid said:
There are Starbucks in Ft Myers too. ;-)
and HOOTERS... ...the family restaurant that is.

Bonito Springs (near Ft Myers) has a dog track for some entertainment while you are there.

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
bbottomley said:
If he had said "Ft. Myer" (singular) it wouldn't be too much of a drive for the two of us. Just out back of Arlington National Cemetery.
Didn't know about that :)

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,939 Posts
You've still got a way to go in your understanding of the geography of the USA, friend! Though yours is probably much better than mine of your homeland.

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
bbottomley said:
You've still got a way to go in your understanding of the geography of the USA, friend! Though yours is probably much better than mine of your homeland.
I hope so, although I have to admit that geography never was my strongest skill. :oops:

·
Registered
2004 5MT XT
159 Posts
Bit of a drive from Tampa, Peaty. Mark me as undecided. Depends on my wife's sked.

Bbottomley, I lived in Radnor Heights in Arlington for 10 years...right next to the fence of Ft. Myer. Spent several (thousand) hours at the Quarterdeck (the best bar in the unirverse) there. :grin:

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,939 Posts
Hinch said:
Bbottomley, I lived in Radnor Heights in Arlington for 10 years...right next to the fence of Ft. Myer. Spent several (thousand) hours at the Quarterdeck (the best bar in the unirverse) there. :grin:
Northern Virginia isn't on my regular circuit any more, but I'll keep the Quarterdeck in mind if I'm ever in the vicinity.

Strange name for a bar near an Army post.

·
The Modfather
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well we are still packing my cell just in case 785 221-2682

1 - 15 of 15 Posts