Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to eliminate most/all of the silver and chrome on my FSXT's exterior, so I'm curious if anyone has tried modding the badge that came with their grille. Does anyone know how the badge mounts to the 06-08 grilles? I haven't taken my grille off for a while, so I don't remember seeing rivets or clips. If it's held on by glue or double sided tape, it should come off with the help of a hair dryer. So, has anyone taken theirs off and attempted to modify it?

I'd like to design my own badge and have it cut on a waterjet or laser.

Thanks for your input.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,840 Posts
On the Forester Sports grille, the Subaru badge is double sided taped. The Forester Sports badge is mechanically attached with 4 posts that go thru the grille & 4 metal push on washer clips to hold it in place. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if you saw my post on tinted emblems but I think red tinted emblems would look good on your car.Imageshack - p1010902z.jpg
That does look pretty nice! :) I still have "FORESTER" on the hatch - I'll have to look into doing something like that.

On the Forester Sports grille, the Subaru badge is double sided taped. The Forester Sports badge is mechanically attached with 4 posts that go thru the grille & 4 metal push on washer clips to hold it in place. :wink:
Thanks for the info Bobby. I already removed the Forester Sports badge and am contemplating attaching an STi one in its place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts