Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Anyone know where i can buy another motor for the drivers side ,ive looked on ICP have yet to phone them.

This getting a bit tiresome as its my 4th one in six yrs . the last one i bought from Jim Childs at Gatwick Subaru who is extremely knowledgeable but im loathed to go back to him because the last one failed within a year and when i took it back with water pouring out of it he just said We didnt fit it .

When you wish you could go back to hand wound windows:mad:

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
434 Posts
Steady on Will. Hand wound windows?!? This isn’t the 70s! Is your door membrane still on? If the motor was filled with water suggests it’s not....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the membrane was to protect the door card and the motor sat in the elements and is a sealed unit supposedly, now im not so sure 🤔

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
434 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
434 Posts
I thought the membrane was to protect the door card and the motor sat in the elements and is a sealed unit supposedly, now im not so sure
Fair point.....perhaps the replacement motor might be worth being zip tied in a zip lock bag or something to keep moisture out of it...also have you considered the regulator might be borked if you’ve gone through soo many motors...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fair point.....perhaps the replacement motor might be worth being zip tied in a zip lock bag or something to keep moisture out of it...also have you considered the regulator might be borked if you’ve gone through soo many motors...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is a good idea!
Ive now been using the passenger windows for over a year!!!!! For the life of me i cant understand why there not all fecked,

·
Registered
2004 sti sg9
192 Posts
I’m on my third now after 5 years. The first had sheared from water ingress causing rust. The second one i broke due to auto down in the winter and forgot i had pressed it burning it out as it was frozen.. the latest one i have had over a year(a record for me) and i’ve had a look since fitting...no water at all. the only thing i’ve done different this time is I Fitted a new window gusset. The old one was split inside the rubber. Starting to wonder if this was the cause of the water inside the door. It certainly holds the glass nice and tight against the door seal now!

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
434 Posts
Mine was troublesome on the passenger front. Always slow to raise then eventually died. The plastic sprocket was borked and full of ****ty grease. Someone had opened it before. Got a replacement motor second hand but it was for the drivers side. So I had to Frankenstein it. That worked for around 6 months before that stopped working due to the corrosion. Got a decent second hand unit and been working fine since.

Drivers side is ok....? I like being the exception...

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
Don does any other subaru share that motor?
JDM SG rev A & B XT and Cross Sport
JDM SG rev C onwards all models
Haven't seen it listed elsewhere else outside of Japan and with an "SA" part number is pretty specific to the SG Forester.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
Mine was troublesome on the passenger front. Always slow to raise then eventually died. The plastic sprocket was borked and full of ****ty grease. Someone had opened it before. Got a replacement motor second hand but it was for the drivers side. So I had to Frankenstein it. That worked for around 6 months before that stopped working due to the corrosion. Got a decent second hand unit and been working fine since.

Drivers side is ok....? I like being the exception...

As it happens the passenger side (LH) is the same as UK 61188SA011

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,524 Posts
KOPS correct as always. I have 61188SA021for Cross Sports Drivers RH Motor. Hopefully being fitted this week.

Its a Minefield out there and we are lucky to have KOPS watching over us!

:):)

ATVB

Alan

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KOPS correct as always. I have 61188SA021for Cross Sports Drivers RH Motor. Hopefully being fitted this week.

Its a Minefield out there and we are lucky to have KOPS watching over us!

:):)

ATVB

Alan
Indeed Alan!

·
Registered
2005 Forester Sti
290 Posts
The auto up/down needs a hall effect sensor so all FSTi ones will have two plugs in the loom (6 wire)

s-l1600.jpg

The one that was installed when I bought my car failed a couple of years ago due to water in it, I refurbished this one but it failed again.

I bought a spare from Nippon (link below) and its been fine since.

I took the Nippon one apart to check its condition side before installing it and found that my original one was missing a gasket on the motor body to main casing and hence water inside. Nippon one has been fine for 18 months now

Will - Let me send you my spare so you have something functional and post your to me. I'll take it apart and refurb it for you and send it back... at least let you know if its fixable. I had to drill out one of the bolt holes on it as it was fecked but two is enough to hold it for a while.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts