Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester STi
157 Posts
Hi,
have a look on Fleabay,they turn up every now and then.I've tried the universal ones but thought they were rubbish.
Our mutt just goes to sleep in the back now.

Pete

·
Registered
06 XTen
72 Posts
Just bought one off fleabay for MY06 Forester, although I couldn't find an original used one.....there's one on now.

Mine is a brand named Travall, £109. I then decided to check the official Subaru accessories.....£108.....:icon_question:

The Travall kit is identical to the official merchandise, and as they're local to me (Derby), I went and picked one up.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bought one off fleabay for MY06 Forester, although I couldn't find an original used one.....there's one on now.

Mine is a brand named Travall, £109. I then decided to check the official Subaru accessories.....£108.....:icon_question:

The Travall kit is identical to the official merchandise, and as they're local to me (Derby), I went and picked one up.
The travall one looks very different to the gen subaru one especially the fixings ?????

Mog

·
Registered
2005 FSTI 'The Limo' Manual
420 Posts
Best keeping an eye out on ebay.

I got a genuine one in as new condition 2 days after buying my forester for £40 and it was only 20 mins up the road!

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
06 XTen
72 Posts
You are right the fixings are/look different. Site rules don't allow me to post URL links until I have 15 posts....:icon_frown:

However, I'd argue that both fixing arrangements are less than ideal, in that it's not as neat as a Saab 95 that has built in clip in slots. I was just surprised that an aftermarket piece was the same ruddy price as an official part. (Having said that, I wasn't ever going to fit a £25 Halfords generic jobby!)

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
188 Posts
sorry if it sounds like im out of term , but your dog.. s proberbly mean the world to you??? and the foz likewise??? so for the sake of ?what i paid !!!£200 inclusive with oem grill and full boot liner just to keep the peace and the wife happy was a snip!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts