Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,158 Posts
Nope, but when I do (if) it won't be like for like cos I'm sure the OEM one will cost a flippin' fortune, so it'll be an uprated one. Want me to enquire of GRD on the QT for you..?

·
Registered
04' Forester STI
376 Posts
I was thinking this the other day. Having done Tyres, brakes, suspension, etc recently. I'm sure it will be next!

·
Registered
2006 sti forester,TR6 6 speed manual
173 Posts
sti clutch

Had one fitted few months back by DLM OF DARLINGTON 50,000 on clock put in Exedy up rated was recomend by Havey Smith to have fly wheel machined out, not sure by how much, his web is harveysmith1btopenworl.com for full information or just phone him or DLM(Daren)01325 480678 total cost full job£665. The Forester was last on the rolling road @ Power Stations puttting 350bhp the clutch is light and nice to use can recommend

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,489 Posts
Not much help regarding clutch supplier info here but others questioned about this a while ago: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f75/clutch-64626/

Japcarman & Green Meany, any update what you did with yours in the end?

Trevort, the clutch you had fitted was it from an equivalent year Impreza Sti one and why would the flywheel need to be machined, was it damaged?

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,158 Posts
Had one fitted few months back by DLM OF DARLINGTON 50,000 on clock put in Exedy up rated was recomend by Havey Smith to have fly wheel machined out, not sure by how much, his web is harveysmith1btopenworl.com for full information or just phone him or DLM(Daren)01325 480678 total cost full job£665. The Forester was last on the rolling road @ Power Stations puttting 350bhp the clutch is light and nice to use can recommend
Reminds me that the GRD packages mention the lightened flywheel as part of the package:

:: GRD - Greenwood Racing Developments ::

This is probs what I would go for as and when.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Fpan Harvey recond that it was the springs that was the main trouble with clutchs and by machining the fly wheel it gave a better responce, his own cars are putting out over 500bhp !!so he has gone through a fair number! he also did not recomend putting on a lighted fly wheel for the money it cost for the increase in power, also getting a useable clutch in everday traffic was important which I have, to get more information just phone him or Daron, I just drive the cars !!

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Fpan Harvey recond that it was the springs that was the main trouble with clutchs and by machining the fly wheel it gave a better responce, his own cars are putting out over 500bhp !!so he has gone through a fair number! he also did not recomend putting on a lighted fly wheel for the money it cost for the increase in power, also getting a useable clutch in everday traffic was important which I have, to get more information just phone him or Daron, I just drive the cars !!
Cheers, btw do you have Smiles's crystal grey car?

·
Registered
173 Posts
fpan yes you have it in one ,still trying to find out what some of the wiring is under the carpets on the passenger side and how or if the spark plug in the back silencer works also must get some comfort in the suspension good round corners but far to hard on dale roads, the car has surprised some of the lads on run outs with the Darlington Subaru Club with it's turn of speed!I also have T R 6 & Reliant GTE scimitar all been played with!!Harvey has been upgrading impreza's since 1997 I think he was the first to get over 400bhp out of a road going car and does remap's ever 2 month's or so, he keeps very detailed record's of all his modifications ,so I just took his advise on the clutch & fly wheel

A

·
0 Posts
Spark plug in the rear silencer is a flame kit, there should be a switch in the centre console to activate it, maybe it taken out and just the spark plug left in? does it have an HT lead going to it?

·
Registered
173 Posts
yes it's all there but when turn on not agreat deal happens , do you have to wait or rev the the thing up?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for the information and I will get round to dumping it ,I have never use it

·
Registered
2004 Litchfield 330 STI
135 Posts
clutch

Not much help regarding clutch supplier info here but others questioned about this a while ago: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f75/clutch-64626/

Japcarman & Green Meany, any update what you did with yours in the end?

Trevort, the clutch you had fitted was it from an equivalent year Impreza Sti one and why would the flywheel need to be machined, was it damaged?
Turn out mine was ok just needed the push rod adjusted and it was a lot better.:Banane17:

·
Registered
2004 Forester Sti 6 MT
68 Posts
Not had a look at my rod yet, what with the cold and snow. Its not slipping yet. Wife is now learning to drive so will wait now until she as improved, or wears out the clutch. Just had the cambelt done, so hope the clutch lasts a while longer.

Regarding machining the flywheel, it is normally recommended to have it skimmed if there is evidence of hotspots and uneven wear. Helps prolong the life of the new clutch. I know AP Racing clutches require it or it invalidates their warrenty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts