Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester STi
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My standard pads are coming to the end of their life... should I stick with another set of OEM pads or are there any others that people recommend?

Have already got braided hoses and the difference over standard is shocking... I always figured I had uprated pads fitted but when I popped some new tyres on the other week they were confirmed as OEM!!

Gratuitous snow shot from the other week :biggrin:

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
Where have you been John?!
I have a set of RS 4-2-1 black to fit when mine are due. I had these in my previous WRX wagon and I was very happy with them.

Did the braided hoses really make such a difference?
When I had a set fitted to my WRX I hardly noticed any difference during everyday driving. With DOT5.1 fluid though, braided hoses and the above set of pads it was OK on track.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I'm trying Hawk (highly rated for Lotus Esprits) pads on mine at the mo. Very good. Noticeable improvement over OEM performance. Quiet too. But not the cleanest pads on god's earth.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
EBC Yellowstuffs all round on mine with uprated fluid & hoses. EBC turbo grooved discs due on the front shortly. :biggrin:

That wouldn't be an illegally spaced number plate you're running there would it Jon..? :chair:

·
Registered
2005 forester sti 6MT
371 Posts
xspec pads and discs all round here too -
the pads are really VERY good - no fade and huge confidence - moderate dust and no horrid noise. Would fit these again and again ( look for 'fast road' pads on the website)

Discs - less convinced - they are certainly cheap and work extremely well ( grooved) but the hubs rusted in no time at all and look pretty shabby thereafter.

Graeme at xspec also is very helpful and service generally good from these folks.

If doing again I would go for xspec pads and performance friction discs - as those look nice and stay looking nice and also work extremely well.

Alyn on this forum (asperformance.com) will quote on the PF discs - I will be contacting ASperformance for these next time and not being such a skinflint in future ;-)

Paul W

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
Btw, what's the diameter of the front and rear discs in our cars?
Do PF discs and alloy bells weigh less than OE ones?

·
Registered
2004 Forester Sti 6 MT
68 Posts
As for discs found some dba rotors at a good price. As I need to replace mine.dba 4000series

Another option is the 'Nitrac' discs and for a small extra fee they can be black phosphated so the non-friction areas don't rust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts