Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
06 STi Manual
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Have now joined the FSTi (SG9 facelift model) ranks and came to install a new head unit and the aerial plug has 2 pins and the headunit(JVC KW-DB60AT) has the std female connector, anyone know where to get an adaptor or how to fix it.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,588 Posts
Welcome Adge and post some pics up of the new beast :)
Have you sold the ISTi yet? Beautiful car!

·
Registered
06 STi Manual
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Adge and post some pics up of the new beast :)
Have you sold the ISTi yet? Beautiful car!
Yes will post up some pictures when done a few mods as completely std at moment. My ISTi is still for sale so if anybody interested in a Hawkeye JDM STi with 17,600 miles on it from new give me a shout.

·
Registered
06 STi Manual
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm fairly sure I used a PC5-87 adaptor cable when I installed my head unit. Something like this one: Buy PC5-87 Nissan Antenna Adaptor
My forester is the pre face lift version though.

Welcome to the club by the way :)
Thanks, yes have done some more digging and that does look like it will work. Not too bothered as do have DAB which is working great.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Yes will post up some pictures when done a few mods as completely std at moment. My ISTi is still for sale so if anybody interested in a Hawkeye JDM STi with 17,600 miles on it from new give me a shout.
What have you got planned for the FSTi? :)

Are you happy with the DAB and where do you have the DAB aerial mounted?

I am fed up with my crap radio reception.

·
Premium Member
MY05 Legacy Tuned by STI; MY05 Impreza Spec C WR Ltd
1,014 Posts
Fivo are you running an aftermarket headunit ?

If so (and this also applies to adge), did you connect the blue wire (normally the power/electric aeriel supply) as this is used to power the built in amp that's on the aerial. Think it's in the passenger side of the boot behind the trim IIRC (on the pre facelift)

If not, might explain you poor signal. When I changed my headunit I got about 3 stations until I connected this up :)

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Paul, yes.

I took the car back to the place that installed the headunit and specifically told them about the blue wire for the antenna and they removed the HU and checked and found it all OK.

I get plenty of stations but there is a lot of interference/hiss and I have no idea why.

·
Registered
06 STi Manual
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What have you got planned for the FSTi? :)

Are you happy with the DAB and where do you have the DAB aerial mounted?

I am fed up with my crap radio reception.
Well it works in my unit with a glass mount antenna stuck on the inside top corner passenger side. Got the adapter plug for the aerial and now get FM etc. I have a sony dab in the ISTi and that works fine with an internal glass mounted aerial.
Haven't connected the blue(aerial power lead) to anything yet, will see how I get on.
Haven't noticed any sound from the sub in the boot, but may need connecting up.

As to the FSTi just looking to decat and fit new exhaust and remap, new Black STi Brembo's all round, black alloys with 245/40 x 18"(as have brand new set of bridgestones lying around), mud flaps, but nothing special as save that for the rally car:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
The sub in the boot won't play with most aftrmarket HUs, something to do with the connections they support etc.
From what you say you can tune to FM with the DAB antenna as well and is the signal good?
Black Brembos sounds good, looking forward to pics.

·
Premium Member
MY05 Legacy Tuned by STI; MY05 Impreza Spec C WR Ltd
1,014 Posts
if you want the boot sub to work, you will need to amp it up.

The OEM head unit has an extra amp/output specifically for the sub.

·
Registered
06 STi Manual
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Taken some time but here are some pictures and finally got back on road after a few mods and replacing the head gaskets

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Nice.
Did the HG go or you replaced it as a preventative measure?

·
Registered
2004 Forester Sti 6 MT
727 Posts
Nice looking Forester STI, those brakes look non standard are they the Porsche brakes or Brembos painted black?

·
Registered
06 STi Manual
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The front are Brembos from a 2013 ISTi saloon and I had the rears repainted as the 2013 rears dont fit.

The head gaskets had just started to go when I bought it, but at least got paid to fix them:icon_biggrin:. Also had another FSTi engine in last week to replace the head gaskets, customer looked at 3 FSTi's prior to getting one, 2 had had them done, so he bought the one that hadnt, 2 weeks later guess what, HG failure.

Getting it remapped next week:icon_cool:, as now got new wheels/tyres as was on snow tyres on std rims when I got it which would last 2 mins on rollers and also as have modded exhaust a bit with H & S uppipe, decat downpipe, straight through centre and modified Impreza backbox to fit:biggrin:. Also fitted Mishimoto rad as original was a bit suspect

1 - 20 of 21 Posts