Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about done downloading the pdf's. I've not seen a master PDF that links to all the individual pages. What :confused: are you using?

Worse case I'll code a simple web interface.:rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
I just rename the pdf's to something meaningful and stick them into a couple of main directories. Windows explorer from there.

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump for a frustrating problem. really! is a FSM some of you may say.

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. My subscription ends tomorrow afternoon. I'm downloading like crazy. Then I need to wrap it up with a front end.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Aleksey said:
my guess is that M stands for Manual. :D
I'm guessing that S stands for Service.

and...

depending on how frustrated he is, F stands for either F*****g or Forester. :p

·
Registered
2015 LTD w/ Eyesight
103 Posts
Here is the process I followed. Prior to signing up, I cut and pasted each of the various sections and subsections of the Factory Service Manual into a word document. Then I created individual files and sub-files with those headings. Then I signed up and as I downloaded the individual files I directed them to the files with the correct heading already created. It was a pain in the a$$ but certainly made the end result more manageable.

Example:
Service Manual
1) GENERAL INFORMATION SECTION
A) Foreword (399.35 kb)
B) How to Use This Manual (526.92 kb)
C) SPECIFICATIONS- Forester (438.91 kb)
D) Precaution (402.05 kb)
E) Note (553.94 kb)

Etc., etc., etc.

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yohy, Great solution and a similar result as the html index I planned. Also on the website are two other methods of access that would be cool to have. The first is graphical and displays the cars and senses your mouse position and brings up the pertinant referances. The second is an Index system that drills down to all the referances for example, Brakes would list Chassis, Systems, Lighting, ABS... pretty cool.

I wonder if I had payed for a complete CD if those tools would have come on the disk.

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Roo said:
I'm guessing that S stands for Service.

and...

depending on how frustrated he is, F stands for either F*****g or Forester. :p
LoL :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts