2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 5MT XT
159 Posts
I've got 'em. They've cured the chronic smearing, skipping and chattering I had with the OEM blades, plus two different aftermarket brands. They're by far the best blades I've had on the car. The aero design really works.

However (there's always a however!), as expensive and trick as these blades are, at low speeds the outer tip (maybe an inch or so) still fails to make full contact with the glass at the low end of the sweep on the passenger's side. Highly recommended in spite of this minor niggle.

·
The Modfather
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they were not cheap, I got mine for 20 for the drivers side and 18 for the passenger side. AutoZone has a $15 gift card rebate going on right now. I just filled my paperwork out just now :)

They look very much like these here:

http://ultimatewiperblade.com/

·
Registered
2004 5MT XT
159 Posts
You mean the 15$ gift certificates that I promptly threw away after I got home from AutoZone, I assume. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been using the "Bosch MicroEdge Excel" and have been satisfied with them. I put about 25k on my car a year, and I put new ones on every Fall.
They are alittle cheaper too ($12 for the front and $8 for the rear).
The local PepBoys carries them.

Dom

·
The Modfather
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've used the micro edge too, and they are just OK, what I like about the Icon blades is they have the air foil. I'm hoping they help keep the blade on the windscreen. We get a fair amount of cross winds here in KS. Also, not having any metal exposed should make them less likely to ice up. That remains to be seen though.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I just picked up a set of these also.. expensive! But, the LOOK much cleaner than the Microedge and the stock blades. It just plain looks good. I haven't driven with them yet.. =)

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
i'm a fan of these. I didnt; want to spend the $$, but i'm happy i did. One nice feature in snow/ice climates is that the flexible design allows you to bend the blade to clear them of the frozen stuff.

_D

·
Registered
2004 Forester SX
244 Posts
I am on my second year with my PIAA Silicone blades; they are beginning to show minor signs of aging - takes two swipes for complete clearing. I simply flipped them around to cure this problem.
I am definitely sold on SI blades; just wish I could find some for the rear window. I made my own from some SiBlades, but the quality wasn't there. Another nice thing about SI wipers is the "Rain-X effect" without using Rain-X.
We have hot summers and cold winters, with a fair amount of snow and ice; these puppies shine through it all!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bosch Aerotwin blades-Europe

Guess what, they have a custom fitting over here that doesn't take the standard hook on the end of the wiper arm. I'm thinking about ordering the Valeos.

·
Registered
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
281 Posts
I've been thinking about getting the Icons in the spring. I currently have Trico Innovisions (another flat blade) and they have their good days and their bad. Unfortunately, the bad days outweigh the good...so they're coming off in the spring. They also don't look as good as the Icons do.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Eh, I must say they aren't all that. Maybe I need to clean mine or something.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i got a lot of chatter with winter silblades. they have also been on the car for a year. even though they are supposed to be good for 5 years, i think they are not wiping as good as thye used to even though they seemed so-so to begin with.

hope the icons will stay on the glass so i dont have to slow down to 55 just to wipe the glass clean.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Guess this will be something I'll think about doing this coming spring, my blades now like to dance all over the place

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
I use ones like that I love them!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I saw some identical or very similar blades on sale for $11 at Wally-Mart the other day, but don't remember the brand.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Just picked up a pair of icons came home and installed them...really easy and straight forward install...don't even need directions. I will post back after I have actually used them in the rain. Yes, they were pretty expensive...hope they are worth it.;-)

I usually get the micro edge excel blades...I have also used the standard micro edge and also the trico exact fit. The excels tended to be the best of the three so I stuck w/ them...and yes, until the icons came out those were the only choices at the advanceautoparts up the street.

·
Registered
2004 5MT XT
159 Posts
As an additional comment on the Icons, it's oak pollen season here in Florida, and my windshield/screen (and the rest of the car!) is covered by yellow, slightly adhesive/sticky pollen every day after I get off work. The Icons do a great job, along with copious amounts of washer spray. This is probably the worst-case scenario for wiper blades, and the Icons do a good job. The car still looks like hell despite weekly washings, but the windshield is pretty transparent, which is all I can ask for.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i cant get my silblade off of the passenger side. so i have icon vs silblade side by side.

the icons wipe a bit better but they are also newer. the diffrence is at speed. there is no diffrence in performance for the icon; the silblades go berzerk.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts