Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,752 Posts
cant seem to find any aftremarket FSB for an 01 forester, any help?
Whiteline makes then, and so does Rallitek. The bars are almost the same for many other non-turbo 2.5 Subarus, and are thus interchangeable. I use 21mm bar from from an 04 Forester, for example.

The mounts (and bushings) are different though, so you will either need Whiteline bushings for your mounts (you will likely break the mounts eventually), or enlarge OEM bushings, or use stronger/reinforced mounts with corresponding bushings.

Also, the angle of the sway bar connecting ears is slightly different on other models (and most aftermarket bars), so you will need different endlinks (ball-joint would be easiest, but some other aftermaket stuff will fit, too)

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Forester
200 Posts
What is the stock size fsb on an sf? I can't seem to find a compiled list like I found for my legacy on legacycentral. I have already upgraded the 12mm rear bar to a 20mm, but I have no idea what size the front is.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,702 Posts
What is the stock size fsb on an sf? I can't seem to find a compiled list like I found for my legacy on legacycentral. I have already upgraded the 12mm rear bar to a 20mm, but I have no idea what size the front is.
It's somewhere in the 17mm range I would guess.

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,752 Posts
Front is 19mm solid (for USDM).

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Forester
200 Posts
So, upgrading to a legacy 20mm bar isn't going to do much. I guess going aftermarket or tribeca is the plan.

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,752 Posts
So, upgrading to a legacy 20mm bar isn't going to do much. I guess going aftermarket or tribeca is the plan.
Do not use Tribeca bar - it will not fit properly, as the bar will be at an angle where it's supposed to go trhough the bushings.

Aftermarket for Impreza of Legacy (up to 2004 or 2006), or stock 03+ Forester is easy enough, but get ready to do some work on the mounts (or use something like "energy suspension" bushings/mounts, or whole rallitek setup - which I'm not 100% sure will be trouble-free for SF)

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
If you're looking for 22mm+ FSB, you may have to get some borla replica headers and hammer it a bit to fit something like a 25-27mm Whiteline turbo FSB. Otherwise, Rallitek has their 22mm, Whiteline discontinued their 22mm NA FSB, and like your mentioned, you can try the Tribeca bar, which has come at a decent success rate for a lot of RS owners, but you need to be careful of what Tau said and also of your tie rods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts