Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester 5MT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front driver's seat on my 2000 Forester is rather worn out and uncomfortable. The lack of lower back support is uncomfortable at best, and when I hop in any slightly newer vehicle I'm amazed at how comfortable the seats are, relative to my Subie.

I like my Subie otherwise, and plan to keep it on the road until it rusts out. So I would like to swap in some front seats from another Subie. From what I understand, front seats from any '97?-2007 Impreza/WRX and front seats from any '98 to '08 Forester are a direct swap.

Which have the best back support, and overall highest comfort level? Lower back support is my main criteria, along with general comfort. Some more side bolstering would be nice, but not necessary. Do the later Imprezas and Foresters have better seats? What about the WRX/STi seats? Are they supportive at all, or just bolstered?

·
Just a member
03 XS AUTO
847 Posts
I have an 03 Forester XS that the leather seats are not very comfortable in, so I will be following this thread to see what others say.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sport 4EAT
1,663 Posts
Most people regard the 02/03 WRX seats as the most supportive/most comfortable. The catch is that they are "skinny".

I'm 6'1" 155 pounds, aka skinny, and they hug me nicely.

For nearly the same feel you can get some 02/03 Outback Sport seats, they are basically the same thing but with less thigh bolstering.

The 04-07 WRX and STi seats are great too, but wider than 02/03.

I'm clueless on anything before 2002.

There might be some legacy seats out there that have some comfort features built into them, that's the model Subaru seems to push their nicer interior bits into.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2006 Forester X Prem 4EAT
593 Posts
Hands down the 04-07 seats from WRX, STI or RS Sport. I have them in my Impreza and they are amazingly comfy and supportive compared to the seats in my Forester.

·
Registered
2000 Forester 5MT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll look for some '04 to '07 WRX/STi/RS seats. I saw a '07 Forester at a local salvage yard, but the seats look very similar to the crappy seats in my '00. I'm afraid it will be hard to find any decent seats from a '04 or older vehicle.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,528 Posts
I hated the stock seats in both our Foresters! :frown:

We have STi seats, '04 in my son's '03 X & '05 in my '07 FSXT. They're very supportive, but still comfortable! :biggrin:

As to older seats. The '04 seats were in better condition than the '05 seats. I'd suggest looking around locally so you can look them over. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts