Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Front oxygen sensor connector location help

('09-'13) 
17K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dave5358 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a member of a few forums and know this is big no-no as a first post but I promised I searched! :icon_redface:

I need to replace the front o2 sensor but need some guidance on where the connector is before I start taking things apart. I have an XT, looks like it's somewhere under the air box? Can someone confirm?

TIA, look forward to being a member here!

#6 ·
what codes are you getting? is it def for the front sensor? i only ask as i had a faulty rear sensor while back...which blew my CEL.

for the front....while i havent done it myself...if you poke your head under the front passenger side of the engine...its hanging right there in front of you. theres heat shields so you may need one of those o2 sensor sockets (with the open "side" for the harness) but not 100%.

#8 ·
a popular thread on nasioc on that code in particular does mention the upstream o2 iirc. so you may be right. none of my codes were misfire related...so my downstream sensor story wont help you.

since its a fairly important sensor, it wouldnt hurt to swap it with a known good one if possible. or just make that change #1 and see what happens. @AlbertaCanadaMike

#11 ·
Just Did a downpipe and up pipe swap on my 2010 sh had to unplug front 02 sensor from headers and remove o2 sensor from old downpipe for new one....
1. you need to remove the plastic splash shield from underneath the motor (3 bolts underneath and a subaru pop clip in either wheel well.
2. Get under car passenger front passenger side, Front O2 sensor connection is on engine block between wheel well, long #1 flat head to unclip on cabin side of plug
3. four (4) bolts off of passenger header heat shield.
4. Its location is B on Mattybigs PDF that he attached.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.