Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 X Premium
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found a company called Ultrex Performance in Austrailia that produces an OEM quality front lip spoiler for the SG.MY06-08. The price is $275 AU which means $193 USD only problem shipping is $475 AU...hahaha Well I am starting to think $627 USD shipped to my door for this spoiler might be worth it.

Any idea if the spoiler can be reproduced here from the original if I were to purchase it??? Just a thought.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Yep but it's $$$ to create the mold (around $10k IIRC) and even then, whoever is considering owning the mold may not deem our market to have sufficient ROI to make it happen. We're a tough niche market.

·
Super Subie Fan
2004 Forester XT 6spd MT (2005 STI)
287 Posts
Maybe if you get enough interest in the spoiler, they can ship multiples in the same box for a minimal addition in cost, this could help offset the price of shipping to numerous people interested in purchasing one.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
The problem is still cost to the manufacturer. Small batches just aren't worth the cost and effort of creating a mold. This is why we don't have a lot of stuff for the Forester in the first place.

·
Super Subie Fan
2004 Forester XT 6spd MT (2005 STI)
287 Posts
Maybe if you get enough interest in the spoiler, they can ship multiples in the same box for a minimal addition in cost, this could help offset the price of shipping to numerous people interested in purchasing one.

What I meant by this is; they can sometimes pack up to ten spoilers in the same box, which would add a little bit more weight, and raise the price a little more, but the size of the box would still be the same (when I bought my front spoiler for my 04 they asked me how many I wanted shipped in the same box).

So if you can get ten people interested, and lets say shipping is $500 for the box, everyone adds $50 dollars to the purchase price of the spoiler itself, so no one person has to pay the $500 dollar shipping cost.

Of course the original purchaser would then have to ship each one individually to those who purchased one, so that cost would have to be taken into consideration as well, but it would still be a hell of a lot cheaper!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts