Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester X A/T
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried looking for discussions regarding an issue I have. I recently bought the vehicle (few weeks ago) and noticed when I'm looking at the front of the vehicle it seems that the drive side seems lower than the passenger side. Did a quick hand measure from top of rim to bottom of fender. True enough the driver side seems lower by about an inch.

Want to know if someone has come across this. Should I take it in for a check?
Haven't driven this yet on off road. Heck it's just like three weeks old.

Wondering why... Is this normal?

Appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks in advance...

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Check it on a different surface. My Foz looks like it's leaning to the driver's side when I'm on my friends' driveway, but when I put it on the street, it looks fine.

I would take it to a very level surface (garage floor is probably the best). Make sure all tires are at the exact same pressure, and check the distance as accurately as possible with a tape measure. Take measurements from the ground to the bottom of the front bumper, as well as the top of the tire to the edge of the fender. Odds are, it'll turn out fine. Most likely just the surface you're parked on. Most driveways look level, but are off by a few inches.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X A/T
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check it on a different surface. My Foz looks like it's leaning to the driver's side when I'm on my friends' driveway, but when I put it on the street, it looks fine.

I would take it to a very level surface (garage floor is probably the best). Make sure all tires are at the exact same pressure, and check the distance as accurately as possible with a tape measure. Take measurements from the ground to the bottom of the front bumper, as well as the top of the tire to the edge of the fender. Odds are, it'll turn out fine. Most likely just the surface you're parked on. Most driveways look level, but are off by a few inches.
Will check on it this weekend. Sure hope it's level. If not, this should be covered on the warranty... correct? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts