Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, I have a 2018 Forester and the front fender is unhooked from the front surround at the very top (first connection) just under the headlight on the passenger side. Does anyone know the trick/procedure to refasten it?

·
Premium Member
2018 Forester 6MT
71 Posts
Good Morning, I have a 2018 Forester and the front fender is unhooked from the front surround at the very top (first connection) just under the headlight on the passenger side. Does anyone know the trick/procedure to refasten it?
If you're lucky, you should be able to jjust basically push the protruding piece back in, and the clips will re-engage. If you're not lucky (or if they're broken), it will continue to bother you forever. If it is under warranty, @Makingforestergreatagain has the right idea - get the dealer to fix it (they know how to fight with those stupid things).

The back bumper fascia on both the 2011 Outback and 2016 Forester were held on this way and I had no issues popping them back in (after doing a hitch). However, after a National Forest Service parking pylon tried to eat the front bumper fascia on the 2016, I had a set of these that I could never get to clip back in. I just periodically pushed them back (there was a broken one and I was too lazy to fix it properly). Hopefully, yours isn't broke and just popped out from a big bump or something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went out and gave it a shot, the straight push did not work, till I noticed that the top edge was higher than normal. Then I did a down and in push and heard a positive click, we will see what happens from here. BTY, I did go to the dealer and their reply was not our problem and suggested going to a body shop! I would rather rot in Hades than go to a body shop and pay Gosh knows what for what took me 5 minuets to do !

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
Try online,,, one mentioned in ths forum ,, subyparts online or something like that,, plenty of diagrams posted many times over the years

1 - 11 of 11 Posts