Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will soon need to get a new pair of front discs for the T/tb. It has the Subaru 4pot brakes and the standard 295mm discs. I think that these will be OK, they are the correct size and I assume that the stud fitting is correct ?

""APPLICATIONS

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX 2000-2008

NOT STi,RA, SPEC C, WR1

DIMENSIONS

front discs 295mm x 24mm 5 stud""

Cheers

Brian

·
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could do (Alyn) but these were a good price for grooved ones and appealed to the skinflint Yorkshire heritage !!!!! Just wanted to be sure they were the correct size.

Brian

·
Registered
2000 S-Turbo Manual
118 Posts
Pfft - any real yorkshireman would be skimming them down until they are like baked bean can lids.

·
Registered
120 Posts
a "true" yorkshireman wouldnt need to worry about replacing disks as he'd walk everywhere, barefoot - so as not to wear out expensive shoes!

I reckon a true Yorkshireman would be able to easily get a lift from all the people he had given advice to in the past......

·
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK.. all very amusing :biggrin: but no one answered the original question !

Cheers

Brian

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Yes......according to my EBC disc guide that disc is the same as fitted to late classics and what you should have on yours....

Grooved discs, you mean pay them, to give you less metal?

Simon

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
No brand name at all, and ignore the ISO BS, the ISO standards relates to having quality processes, not producing quality goods, I know, my parent Co. is ISO approved!

Simon

·
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers for the links Mark, and your comments Simon.

I am looking to go back to the grooved only (no dimples or drilled) as the last grooved (Tarox ebay used !) ones lasted really well, much better than the plain discs that I have been using. Only problem with the Tarox was that 48 grooves were overkill re' the noise they generated so some with fewer grooves are desired. I will keep on searching.

Cheers

Brian

1 - 20 of 21 Posts