Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring, 2009 Forester 2.5X Ltd. Auto
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could go into a lot of detail here with how the cops put the deer down and such, but to make a long story short, I hit a small deer the other day.

All damage was done on the driver's side of the bumper cover. The bumper now has about a 12' crack all the way through. The driver's side headlight seems to be pushed in slightly, but no other damage.

Unfortunately, I discovered that my comprehensive insurance has a $1,000 deductible. My Forester isn't a show car and I would like to do the replacement as cheap as possible.

I have been doing some searching online and have found new bumper covers for around $100 bucks, but I obviously need to get the cover painted. I also will not be doing any of the work myself.

If someone could give me some advice on the most cost effective way to approach a replacement, it would be much appreciated. Also, any knowledge of cost for this type of replacement/fix would be helpful.

As a side note, I live in Maryland. If anyone could recommend a repair shop, I too, would appreciate that.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts