Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SH Forester 6 speed manual
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here fitted a 2" receiver to the front of their SH Forester (nudge bar combo maybe?) and if so, Got Pics??????????????
I want to be able to make a hurdle for carrying long leads, push trailers if needed and get a 4,500lb winch on a 2" receiver mount so I can use it on the front and rear for utility work and self recovery.
Am I the only Dumb butt on the planet that wants this? (questions, questions, questions huh?? :grin2: )

Regards - Tony Eagling Vk7YBG

·
Administrator
16,426 Posts
I investigated this as an option for the bullbar on my Triton; unfortunately illegal here unless accompanied by an engineering certificate. I'm pretty sure no one has done it for a receiver hitch on a Subie but there are people who have installed winches which needs a lot of structural work behind the front bar.

·
Administrator
16,426 Posts
^ interesting. Wish we could get away with some of the mods you guys create but our Australian Design Rules (ADR) are pretty strict and we need to pass safety compliance checks regularly.

·
Registered
2012 SH Forester 6 speed manual
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that, gives me an idea as to what I may be able to do (or not do as the case may be.....)

Regards - Tony Eagling

1 - 5 of 5 Posts