Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a member of the forums for about two months but haven't owned a Forester until a few nights ago. My wife and I ordered a 2014 Touring in Satin White Pearl. Two months ago, we could not find a white one so we ordered it and it's finally here.

About a three months ago, my younger son needed a new car - his first new car. He was interested in a Kia Sportage but then did some research and decided to look at a Forester. I went through the whole process with him. After visiting the dealership in Riverhead where we've bought three VWs from, he took the plunge and bought a 2014 Premium model in white. I've always liked the Forester and after getting that close a look to them and driving them with my son, I talked to my wife and decided it was time we got one too. The AWD comes in handy around here in the winter, particularly in our community where there are a lot of hills and inclines and during a bad snowstorm one may not be able to get all the way to one's house. Last year it was so bad that one day that on her way home rom work, my wife couldn't get our VW Eos up the hill - the roads were unplowed, was very icy, and had a good six inches or more of snow on top of it. It's a long story but she was a mile from our house and I had to go get her.

I'm enjoying using the new Forester. I spent some time today changing out the horn for a set of Hellas and it's a real improvement.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,138 Posts
My wife and I are from Patchogue, moved here to NH in 2007.

Foresters are very capable - we even used to take ours to Smith Point Park with the outer beach permit (see photo below). Our '07 Forester is now at 100,000 miles and has been a fantastic vehicle to own (and modify - see link in my sign section).

Good luck with your new Forester!

·
Registered
2011 Forester I Auto
116 Posts
Freeport here.

'11 Forester. My 2nd Forester, my wife has had an Outback and now an Imprezza. 3 of these from Gregoris in Valley Stream, which is a great place to buy from.

Welcome to the forum.

Steve B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts