Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 forester xt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to sell my forester dear forester :icon_frown:
I am starting business and so I need van.
I really want someone to have reliable car from dealer where I sell my forester. Car throws p0420 code time to time so new owner might think car really is broken. Really cel is because of race catted dp. Car is tuned 331hp and 489nm vf48, sti cooler, 3" dp and 2.5" prodrive axleback.

Finally my question is... Is it fatal for car to change stock dp, stock midpipe and sti muffler. Actually local dealers dont even buy this car if I tell them about mods.

·
Registered
2009 forester xt TD05-18g 4eat
591 Posts
Good question. I'd personally retune the car if you went that route.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 5MT
230 Posts
I have to sell my forester dear forester :icon_frown:
I am starting business and so I need van.
I really want someone to have reliable car from dealer where I sell my forester. Car throws p0420 code time to time so new owner might think car really is broken. Really cel is because of race catted dp. Car is tuned 331hp and 489nm vf48, sti cooler, 3" dp and 2.5" prodrive axleback.

Finally my question is... Is it fatal for car to change stock dp, stock midpipe and sti muffler. Actually local dealers dont even buy this car if I tell them about mods.
Won't a o2 extender bung (drilled and tapped fouling plug you can buy for $3) avoid this? It's rear O2 sensor emissions related?
This would sound easier than bringing the car back to stock, but then again if you sell it just put all your parts up for sale and then buy stock parts off the forum cheaper, then = profit $$$$

1 - 3 of 3 Posts